Digital Devil Saga 2 crash/freezing
Hi!

I've been playing through Digital Devil Saga 1 on PCSX2 with a few freezes here and there, but I got through the game regardless. Started playing Digital Devil Saga 2 with an imported save file from DDS1. I am playing the PAL version since I bought those myself.

Thing is that this game freezes more often than the first one, which becomes really frustrating since save points aren't that frequent. Anyone know why this is?

I am playing on PCSX2 1.0.0 and my specs are:

Intel Core i5 2.8 GHZ
8 GB RAM DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6850 (1GB GDDR5)

Sponsored links

Try enabling the EE timing hack gamefix
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-04-2012, 03:09 PM)Bositman Wrote: Try enabling the EE timing hack gamefix

Just tried it and it stills locks up. Any other suggestions?
No, I'm afraid the PAL versions of both DDS and DDS2 have those random freezes..the NTSC versions have it fixed with that gamefix. I don't know of any other way except playing the NTSC version of the game
(09-04-2012, 03:31 PM)Bositman Wrote: No, I'm afraid the PAL versions of both DDS and DDS2 have those random freezes..the NTSC versions have it fixed with that gamefix. I don't know of any other way except playing the NTSC version of the game

Crap... Is there any way to convert my save file to the NTSC version? Since I made choices in the first game that affects this one.
I think you can do it with mymc, don't recall how exactly you do it and it doesn't always work
you have to extract the file with mymc then use ps2 save builder to edit the region id / file
(09-04-2012, 05:52 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: you have to extract the file with mymc then use ps2 save builder to edit the region id / file

I am doing it now. Trying the save out later tonight.
(09-04-2012, 06:16 PM)Arizato Wrote: I am doing it now. Trying the save out later tonight.

Just converted the save file for use with the NTSC version!

So far, so good! Will report to this thread if any other problems occur!
Rather then making my own thread on the same game, I'll post in this existing one.

I am currently having a problem with my DDS2 freezing on a cutscene when entering the final area of the game. I have had to freezing problems at all up until this point, and I do not know how to fix it.

I tried the EE timing hack gamefix, but it did nothing. I am also currently playing the NTSC copy as well.

Thanks.