Digital Devil Saga Freezing Issue
So, first off, let me just thank you folks for putting out a reliable PS2 emulator, as my actual console has been dead for about six months now.

Also, I've tried everything (except a different ISO - or just using an ISO, as I am using the physical disc), but I cannot get Digital Devil Saga to stop freezing.

I'm at the final boss and, without fail, the screen goes white and black when the boss changes to phase three. I've tried changing around the game fixes and whatnot, but no luck.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Sponsored links

Try changing the EE round and clamp modes a bit and see if that helps.
(11-01-2011, 01:02 AM)rama Wrote: Try changing the EE round and clamp modes a bit and see if that helps.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Bloody stupid question, though. Where can I find 'clamp modes'? (Checked the basic emulation options, may have overlooked something. Apologies for the trouble)
EE/IOP tab.
Are you using save states? If so try from your last memory card save when changing the clamp mode settings.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Having a bit more progress, but still a few problems.

Got past the next few phases but when the final boss transforms (in-battle cutscene, the six (?) gems show up around her), the same error happens.

I did make a save state right before that, though. Could that have caused a problem?
If you're only trying to load from that save state then you may not be able to pass it as soon as you keep using the same one.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
That was the only state I made, loaded from the memory card when I got far enough for the transformation cutscene.

The save state was mostly there in case the game decided to hit me with a party-wide 1-hit-kill move, so I wouldn't have to play through 5-10 minutes of fight to see if screwing around with the EE and clamp modes worked.