Digital Devil Saga Problem
(12-23-2011, 04:39 PM)rama Wrote: The NTSC version has the same problem, just much less pronounced.
I think you could try forcing a different PAL framerate via pcsx2.ini.
See if setting it to 60fps there changes anything.

Tried searching for that, but it gave me PCSX2.vm, print screened it for you.

But the fps shown continued to be 50~ till it crashed at the first encounter with repeating sound.

The enemies are still stopping after they choose a skill also...

Sponsored links

Okay, then it didn't help Tongue2
Next thing you can try (after reverting the framerate back to 50) is the MTVU speedhack.
It changes how VU1 times with the rest of the system so it could luck into fixing the problem.
(12-23-2011, 06:16 PM)rama Wrote: Okay, then it didn't help Tongue2
Next thing you can try (after reverting the framerate back to 50) is the MTVU speedhack.
It changes how VU1 times with the rest of the system so it could luck into fixing the problem.

Tried that, didn't have it one before as it seemed to slow down DDS for some reason.
But it hasn't fixed it, enemy used body rush and just stands there forever.

It's not as if the game slows down at all, I can speed up to 170fps in some cutscenes and 80+ while walking around. It's just when skills are used, the enemies or characters just stand there after it says what attack they are going to use.
(12-23-2011, 04:39 PM)rama Wrote: The NTSC version has the same problem, just much less pronounced.
I think you could try forcing a different PAL framerate via pcsx2.ini.
See if setting it to 60fps there changes anything.

Well I finished the NTSC version with like 2 freezes in total (which I also got on my actual PS2 -_- ). It's playable there, the PAL one just freezes on the first spell in battle always.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-23-2011, 07:20 PM)Bositman Wrote: Well I finished the NTSC version with like 2 freezes in total (which I also got on my actual PS2 -_- ). It's playable there, the PAL one just freezes on the first spell in battle always.

I might give the NTSC version a try, gotta find a cheap copy now, most are £30+ :/
(12-23-2011, 07:20 PM)Bositman Wrote: Well I finished the NTSC version with like 2 freezes in total (which I also got on my actual PS2 -_- ). It's playable there, the PAL one just freezes on the first spell in battle always.

Oh okay, that is something to debug then.
I thought of the random timing related freezes, the kind where you just stand around and it decides to die on you Tongue2
Sorry, I know this thread is pretty old but I've just started playing Digital Devil Saga on PCSX2 and I'm having the exact same problems (enemies/characters standing there when casting skills, enemies not attacking, black screen after battles).

I'm also not gaining exp after battles and the game doesn't save when I use the save stations, it just says ''Save Failed''.
However that save issue only happened after I started playing. I played for a little bit then had to get some sleep so I saved at the karma terminal, the next day I go to load the game from the main menu and there's no save files. I had a save state file so I loaded that but then the ''Save Failed'' issue started. I didnt have the problem with save states when I started playing the day before.

All of these issues happen when cheats are enabled or disabled.

I definitely have the NTSC version though :/ So I have no idea whats causing it.

Hopefully someone can help! I'd certainly appreciate it Laugh