Digital Devil Saga Problem
I've got the recent SVN build of Pcsx2 and ticked the EE Timing Fix, but I get a black screen after finishing a battle sometimes with recurring errors in the additional window of the emulator shown in the attachment.

Not sure what the problem is and was wondering if anyone could help.

It doesn't seem to be the same crash as before the EE Timing fix, so I don't think it's connected.

Sponsored links

That game has known timing problems. Definitely disable the hack for it.
(12-22-2011, 10:25 PM)rama Wrote: That game has known timing problems. Definitely disable the hack for it.

It doesn't really seem a timing problem and the hack is meant to stop it from randomly crashing as it does.
Fix one problem and get another :/

I took the EE hack off and it is still happening, not the cause it seems.
If you use cheats, that's usually how it ends when they're wrong or abused too much. Soo in case you do, try turning them off, restarting the game and loading it from normal(non-savestate) save could help.

Also if you use automatic game fixes, EE timing hack is turned on by default for this game, soo using the same thing through manual hacks doesn't really change anything. If it should be off, then I dunno why it's applied automatically, but you could turn off automatic game fixes as well to trully disable it.
(12-22-2011, 11:07 PM)miseru99 Wrote: If you use cheats, that's usually how it ends when they're wrong or abused too much. Soo in case you do, try turning them off, restarting the game and loading it from normal(non-savestate) save could help.

I hardly ever use cheats as I hate the idea of them, takes the fun out of the game. Nonetheless I restarted my game as not to be ignorant, I wasn't too far anyways.

(12-22-2011, 11:07 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Also if you use automatic game fixes, EE timing hack is turned on by default for this game, soo using the same thing through manual hacks doesn't really change anything. If it should be off, then I dunno why it's applied automatically, but you could turn off automatic game fixes as well to trully disable it.

I took off the manual EE hack, leaving the automatic fix to do its job.

But now I have two new problems, one instance of a failure is in this attachment which makes no sense to me and has only occurred once, though I cannot play for too long to test it again:

And when enemies, or my characters, choose an attack and just stand there, mostly with skills. I have Serph use Bufu and he just stood there, and these first encounters use Body Rush and just stand there:

Apparently you have the PAL version of the game which has unsolvable hard and soft (like the one you describe above) crashes. Only the NTSC version is playable and can be fixed with the EE timing hack to be stable
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-23-2011, 03:24 PM)Bositman Wrote: Apparently you have the PAL version of the game which has unsolvable hard and soft (like the one you describe above) crashes. Only the NTSC version is playable and can be fixed with the EE timing hack to be stable

Damnit, luck of the draw eh.
Is there anyway to set it to NTSC, since I saw a printscreen of the option to do so on google somewhere when looking for fixes. Or is it just a case of buying a different copy of the game.
Don't think that would work, I presume the NTSC version is just coded differently. You could try I guess.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Ok, thanks for the help, will look for a cheap NTSC version on ebay or something then.
The NTSC version has the same problem, just much less pronounced.
I think you could try forcing a different PAL framerate via pcsx2.ini.
See if setting it to 60fps there changes anything.