Digital Devil Saga - couple issues.
It runs great for the most part, aside from these 2 annoying issues.

1.) I seem to get graphical tearing in the cutscenes and FMV's. I think there are 2 types of cutscenes in this game. Realtime and prerecorded. The prerecorded has the tearing problems, its fine anytime else.

2.) Transperancy & Shadow problems. Sometimes parts of the body can become see through, like at the beginning Serph's head had a big gaping hole through it. Sad Other times its very minimal, so I can live with it. Mostly feet being cut off and stuff.

-

I'm using an AMD Phenom II X6, 1090T 3.2 - 6gigs of DDR3, HD Radeon 5770 1GB. 9.7 beta. GSDX, SSE1. I've tried native, scaling, software, still same thing. I've also tried it with no speedhacks and with them. I have the EE Timing set to on.

Sponsored links

You can try enabling v-sync for the videos, though this can lead to other problems. You can also try switching to and from software mode for videos as well (f9 key).

Shadow issues will almost certainly fixed entirely by going to software mode, but it won't look as nice. You can try changing the round mode or disabling speed hacks as those can sometimes cause graphic glitches.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(03-31-2011, 06:22 PM)Koji Wrote: You can try enabling v-sync for the videos, though this can lead to other problems. You can also try switching to and from software mode for videos as well (f9 key).

Shadow issues will almost certainly fixed entirely by going to software mode, but it won't look as nice. You can try changing the round mode or disabling speed hacks as those can sometimes cause graphic glitches.

I have vsync on, it doesn't tear in the game except the FMV's and prerecorded cutscenes. I've tried software mode, it does indeed fix problem number 2, but the tear is still there in the scenes. I've tried it with speed hacks and not using them.

round mode?
The FMV tearing issue is fixed in the latest code, the 0.9.7 beta might already have the fix.
If it's not working for you, try to enable the EE timing gamefix.

The shadows issue cannot be fixed currently, unless you're willing to play the game in GSdx software rendering.
(03-31-2011, 06:34 PM)rama Wrote: The FMV tearing issue is fixed in the latest code, the 0.9.7 beta might already have the fix.
If it's not working for you, try to enable the EE timing gamefix.

I can totally get use to problem 2, it doesn't do it all the time, just in certain scenes when the character model is in a different spot or angle.

I have the EE timing on, and tried it off. Sad It's suppose to work? I am using the 9.7 beta. Unless my gamefix settings aren't being saved.

The whole version is 0.9.7.3876m(svn) Oct 5 2010, is this not the latest?