Digital devil saga Image overlap.
Hi guys.
I'm having a bit of an image overlap, or see thru problem in digital devil saga.

[Image: ddsoverlap.png]

As you can see, I am able to see thru buildings, and in most cases i can see NPCs, and clowing lights and stiff thru walls. Is there a way to fix this?

thx
Chunchasku

Sponsored links

Try using an older version of GSdx like 0.1.14:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx

Could you post the version and CRC for your game?
Should appear as lines similar to this in the console log window when you run the game:

ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_203.87;1) Game CRC = 0x5F3DD929, EntryPoint = 0x0165D008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_203.87;1
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(05-22-2011, 08:26 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Try using an older version of GSdx like 0.1.14:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-GSdx

Could you post the version and CRC for your game?
Should appear as lines similar to this in the console log window when you run the game:

ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_203.87;1) Game CRC = 0x5F3DD929, EntryPoint = 0x0165D008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_203.87;1

here it is

ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_209.74;1) Game CRC = 0xD7273511, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_209.74;1

The game wasnt doing this for the first 2 and a half hours that I played, so i'm hopeing its just the area I'm in or somthing. I should be in a new area soon.
(05-22-2011, 08:48 AM)Chunchasku Wrote: ... i'm hopeing its just the area I'm in or somthing.

That is possible. I don't know this game personally, but that concept isn't un-heard of with PCSX2. Smile
(05-22-2011, 08:48 AM)Chunchasku Wrote: ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_209.74;1) Game CRC = 0xD7273511, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_209.74;1

Hmmm... that game has a CRC hackfix to avoid that issue but it should be working as soon as you're using the GSdx that came with the PCSX2 0.9.8 release...

Did you try with GSdx 0.1.14 as I suggested earlier? Did it have the same problem?
(05-22-2011, 09:03 AM)Rezard Wrote: That is possible. I don't know this game personally, but that concept isn't un-heard of with PCSX2. Smile

ok, i'm back at my base, and the "see-threwageness" is continueing.
This was not happening before. Any way to fix it?
ok, so somehow, i fixed it? I switched it to Gdsx9 (the setting i had b4 u help me earlier razard), i had that same FPS problem that i did(being to slow) so i switched it back to the Gdsx10 that u suggested, and now the image see thru is gone. I dont know what happened, but it somehow fixed now. wierd....[/align]
I'm currently playing this game (also in DirectX 10 mode) and I don't have this strange effect. There were some problem with this game some time ago (I think it was about half a year ago) when there was see-through geometry. But this is fixed by now. Which version of PCSX2 are you using? I know your issue is fixed by now (somehow Tongue), but it still interests me^^.

Another question: Do you also experience the shadows that are clipped through the characters? You do perhaps remember the first scene after Sera appeared, where Serph was laying on the ground of the battlefield, and his half geometry was covered by his shadow? I know that my explanation is not good, but I don't really know how to draft this better. I hope you get what I mean^^. I mean this effect. Do you have this issue as well? Because on the screenshot you posted I can't see this, Serph's shadow seems to be behind his geometry/model/whatever. Do I see this wrong, is this really fixed for you? Because this glitch is still present on my system, in all its unloved glory...
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.
That's the problem, there was some code change that made the shadows work but made environment see thru, so it had to be hackfixed back to the way it was before, for now it's one or the other (shadows making the objects see thru or see thru environment with working shadows).
I thought the problem was shows overlapping the characters or shadows working with see through objects just like Nocturne.