B7=L2
B8=R2
B9=SELECT_SHARE
B10=START_OPTIONS
PU=UP
PD=DOWN
PL=LEFT
PR=RIGHT

In Final Fantasy VII I am setting the buttons using the configuration tool, which is found when launching the game via Steam, then going to Settings -> Joystick. It picks up the input to set the buttons properly (seemingly), but when I actually load the game it doesn't pick up anything anymore.

In the configuration tool, you click on a specific action then press the button you want to set it to, so it's like this:

OK - Button 3
Cancel - Button 4
Menu - Button 2
Up - Up
Left - Left
Right - Right
Down - Down
Start - Button 10
Switch - Button 1
Page Up - Button 5
Page Down - Button 6
Target - Button 8
Assist - Button 9
Camera - Button 7

Essentially, I followed this table: https://web.archive.org/web/201508201543...uttons.php

The buttons have accurate numbers in the settings of Final Fantasy 7 and, like I said, I am able to configure the buttons with SCPPad2Vjoy turned on. But when I play the game with SCPPad2Vjoy turned on, the game doesn't pick up any input from the controller. If I turn it off, I have to reconfigure the buttons, the game picks up the inputs from the controller, but the dpad doesn't work. The dpad is the sole reason I want to make this work.

Sponsored links

From what I'm aware of the steam version. the game will use the "preferred device" regardless of what controller was used to config buttons. Can you check that this is the case?

I would also suggest you change the config file to;

B1=SQUARE
B2=TRIANGLE
B3=CROSS
B4=CIRCLE
B5=L1
B6=R1
B7=L2
B8=R2
B9=SELECT_SHARE
B10=START_OPTIONS
AY_UL=UP
AY_DR=DOWN
AX_UL=LEFT
AX_DR=RIGHT

or else you may run into issues with the dpad.
(03-06-2016, 12:07 AM)Ge-Force Wrote: From what I'm aware of the steam version. the game will use the "preferred device" regardless of what controller was used to config buttons. Can you check that this is the case?

I would also suggest you change the config file to;

B1=SQUARE
B2=TRIANGLE
B3=CROSS
B4=CIRCLE
B5=L1
B6=R1
B7=L2
B8=R2
B9=SELECT_SHARE
B10=START_OPTIONS
AY_UL=UP
AY_DR=DOWN
AX_UL=LEFT
AX_DR=RIGHT

or else you may run into issues with the dpad.

Setting it as the preferred device did the trick! THANK YOU!
(03-06-2016, 12:33 AM)chaoticyeshua Wrote: Setting it as the preferred device did the trick! THANK YOU!

chaoticyeshua, you didn't correctly follow the instructions that I posted over at the Qhimm thread.

Also, if you have solved your issue, please update your post over at Qhimm.

The reason it didn't work for you is revealed in your own post above.

Where you used the following config for the D-PAD:

Quote:.
PU=UP
PD=DOWN
PL=LEFT
PR=RIGHT

While over at my original Qhimm thread, I posted the following config for the D-Pad:

Quote:.
AY_UL=UP
AY_DR=DOWN
AX_UL=LEFT
AX_DR=RIGHT

Clearly, the wrong config for the D-PAD is what caused the issue you described.

In addition, I've mentioned in my original post when you test using the "Monitor vJoy" tool:
"the axis bars (if you use the AX_ and AY_ parameters above) should go up or down when you press the D-PAD buttons." This step is important because it tells user the D-Pad signal is being converted to axis signals, which the game responds to.

Also, there is no such game option called "preferred device" that you can set for FFVII. The game responds to both the keyboard and the controller concurrently. The user isn't given any option choose one way or the other (because the keyboard is still required to start up the game). If there are multiple controllers on the system, there is also no option that allows the user to choose which of the controllers to use.

The other thing is, the config that I posted in my original post over at Qhimm is exactly the same as the author (Ge-Force) posted above.
(05-29-2016, 07:31 PM)zzzplayer Wrote: Also, there is no such game option called "preferred device" that you can set for FFVII. The game responds to both the keyboard and the controller concurrently. The user isn't given any option choose one way or the other (because the keyboard is still required to start up the game). If there are multiple controllers on the system, there is also no option that allows the user to choose which of the controllers to use.

Just fyi.

Windows does have a preferred device option, which it seems FFVII uses to determine what controller to use. (based on what I've learned by googling)

This setting can be access by searching "Set up USB game controllers" in control panel/settings (and clicking the result) and then clicking the "Advanced..." button.

I'm guessing windows mostly automates this setting, but in this case it must have picked the wrong controller.
Halp

Is there no dinput wrapper for the PS3 controller? because by emulating XInput 4 analog axes are lost (which can all fit into the Dualshock 3 and which i cannot do without) and vJoy cannot bring them back.

Unless PS3 controller uses dinput by default

Sad
(05-29-2016, 10:00 PM)Ge-Force Wrote: Just fyi.

Windows does have a preferred device option, which it seems FFVII uses to determine what controller to use. (based on what I've learned by googling)

This setting can be access by searching "Set up USB game controllers" in control panel/settings (and clicking the result) and then clicking the "Advanced..." button.

I'm guessing windows mostly automates this setting, but in this case it must have picked the wrong controller.

Maybe it's both.

I'm not absolutely sure what actually solved chaoticyeshua's issue.

But we can say chaoticyeshua won't be able to solve the analog axis issue if the original config that chaoticyeshua posted continues to be used.
Man, I'm glad I installed this for FFXI. (even tho I retired)

Would you believe the steam version of FF13-2 has problems with the default driver in Windows 10? I sure didn't.

Was making me mad, since it'd worked before. But now I can play and beat the game. Thanks guy. I guess it likes dinput over xinput, lol.

The only quibble I have is it seems to eff up the camera. I can give you the PC kb controls since it won't let you change the config in game very much, think you can help me on that to get it to work right? And I can make you a vid of what's going wrong.
Is this usable to get 8 controls?

Ive been using SCP for a long time now with some sixaxis controls plus a USB driver for the Wii U GameCube controller adapter. It also uses vJoy. I'm considering going with all sixaxis for simplification of explaining controls to people and charging docks.
As I remember it, SCP 'binds' to one Bluetooth adapter. If I pulled my current one, installed a 2nd adapter then paired new controls to it, then used this wrapper... any idea if that would work?

Sounds feasible...
I could use some help.

Specifically what I'm trying to do is using a PS Move Navigation with a Mouse at the same time, I want the PC to only see dinput and I want to map those dinput commands as keybindings via Xpadder, and I'm also trying to get the PC to not detect any xinput at all due to several games incompatibility at the same time. I used to use the MotionInJoy drivers and they worked perfectly but due to the constant bluescreens and malware I'm trying to escape those old drivers and move over to ScpToolkit and Dinput wrapper instead now. I very very thoroughly removed all MotionInJoy from the PC including drivers, services, and registry entries so it is no longer a factor.

The problem is that my PC is recognizing my Playstation Move Navigation Controller as xinput AND dinput at the same time when using the SCPPad2Vjoy wrapper with the latest ScpToolkit and vJoy, regardless if its plugged in via USB or wireless via Bluetooth. The main question I'm trying to figure out the answer to is: Can xinput detection be disabled entirely with your dinput driver?

ScpToolkit version: ScpToolkit v1.6.238.16010
Vjoy version: vJoy 2.1.6
Dinput wrapper version: SCPPad2Vjoy - V1.6.7z
Xpadder version: 2016.05.01

When I start ScpService it loads the Move controller correctly as "Xbox Controller for Windows", and when I load SCPPad2Vjoy it converts the Xbox Controller for Windows into "vJoy Controller" in device manager and its the only thing in the list. During testing it recognizes all of the buttons, axis, and everything just like its supposed to in both Game Controllers inside the control panel and in Xpadder as well. I then attempt to load Overwatch for example and the game immediately detects xinput commands because it switches over to a controller UI interface, then back to mouse and keyboard about 40 times a second when using both devices together. If the games I played actually had the functionality to properly disable controller support I wouldn't be here asking about this. I know that Overwatch has no built-in support for dinput at all because I was previously using MotionInJoy drivers and it worked without detecting any xinput on this same system with the exact same device. Somehow its now picking up dinput and xinput at the same time. I confirmed this by loading the xInputTester from ScpMonitor and also checking for xinput recognition in Xpadder and confirming that yes the PC is detecting xinput still in both places. I then uninstalled Xpadder and confirmed that its still detecting xinput when just using the SCPPad2VJoy wrapper. I've attempted to disable the drivers one by one for Xbox Controller for Windows but as I go down the list there is either no effect, or the PC stops detecting controller input all together, even when restarting ScpService and restarting SCPPad2Vjoy.

After 12 hours of working at this I have run out of things I know to try, I read every post in this thread attempting various solutions along with a dozen other forums including every single page of the ScpToolkit reloaded thread. I know that this is a highly specific use for these programs, but it would mean a lot to me to be able to get away from the old MotionInJoy drivers and move into the modern era. Can xinput be blocked entirely when using ScpToolkit, Vjoy, and Dinput wrapper, if so... how?