Direct X won't download? Help?
So I'm new to this forum and PCSX2 and don't know much about it, all I know is that I want to play my old playstation games Smile
I've downloaded the "PCSX2 1.0.0 standalone installer" but you have to download Direct X as well to get it to work, right? However when using the "Direct X End-User Runtime Web Installer" I get a notification saying that "A Cabinet file necessary for installation cannot be trusted. Please verify the Cryptographic Services are enabled and the cabinet file certificate is valid."

How can I install Direct X on my laptop which is running Windows 8 (64 bit)?
I've tried using PCSX2 without it but the GS plugin won't work and when a game starts up I get sound but no picture. Can somebody please help me?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored links

With Win8, you already have the latest DirectX.
Extra download\installation is not required.

But if you want to be sure:
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=8109
(12-26-2012, 03:42 AM)pgert Wrote: With Win8, you already have the latest DirectX.
Extra download\installation is not required.

Who told you that? I installed Windows 8 using original MSDN image, both x86 and x64, and PCSX2 refused to run without DirectX Runtime June 2010 installed.

/to vanillaclover Looks like your Windows has problem. Are you sure you are not infected by viruses and you're not using a modified version of Windows? The last thing you can do is using the full installer package instead of the web bootstrapper.
@Livy:
Updated.

@vanillaclover:
You have the link.
MS still hasn't included the bimonthly/quarterly DX updates with the OS.
I'd say MS took Win 7, wrapped it with that horrible Metro GUI, included around 1/3 of it of more Palladium "resources" and sells Win 8 as a new OS.

No wonder it's so cheap, the user has now many more ways to pay it's "real price".
Imagination is where we are truly real