Direct3D 9 not showing as renderer
Hi, I'm a new pcsx2 user and after a few days found out that direct3D 9 (or directx 9) is not showing anymore when I want to change my renderer. I changed it a few times and for different games including Ratchet&Clank 3, Bakugan Battle Brawlers and Ace Combat 4 Shattered Skies. For R&C3 I used Directx9and for Bakugan Battle Brawlers I was using Directx11. After trying a configuration of settings for Ace Combat and eventually didn't like the result, so wanted to try a new renderer for Bakugan. I couldn't however as apparently Directx9 wouldn't show in the list of renderers. I tried using diffferent settings, rebooting pcsx2 and my computer too, but to no avail. Do I need to download the DSGx9 plugin seperateley maybe? Or just reinstall pcsx 1.5.0 (the version I'm using right now).

Sponsored links

d3d9 is deprecated.
that's probably why you don,'t get it anymore
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
What GPU do you have, by any chance?
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
The last build that supports D3D9 is v1.5.0-2779 so of you want DX9,you have to use GSdx from that rev or older
You can add the plugin with different name in the plugins folder and you can switch to it if you want to use DX9 but keep in mind DX9 related bugs will never be fixed
Here is the last 1.5 build before d3d9 was purged
https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index....indows-x86

What I would do is make a seperate folder for this version of PCSX2 lable it "d3d9 final" and only use it to run games that you need the d3d9 backend in. You will have as up to date fixes as you can while still having d3d9 support. For all other games that you use OpenGL or d3d11 on use the latest build for the best fixes.
(03-15-2019, 07:21 PM)gtgamer468 Wrote: What GPU do you have, by any chance?

I have an MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, It's maybe 1,5 years old now. I do have integrated Vega graphics from my cpu (Ryzen 5 2400G) but it is disabled as they were taking away 2GB of RAM

(03-15-2019, 07:09 PM)jesalvein Wrote: d3d9 is deprecated.
that's probably why you don,'t get it anymore

Then how come it was still there when i dl'd the latest version? I never updated or changed it.
Unless there is a bug in the OpenGL renderer (for a specific game) you should be using that one for all your games.
(03-15-2019, 08:33 PM)TkSilver Wrote: Here is the last 1.5 build before d3d9 was purged
https://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/index....indows-x86

What I would do is make a seperate folder for this version of PCSX2 lable it "d3d9 final" and only use it to run games that you need the d3d9 backend in.  You will have as up to date fixes as you can while still having d3d9 support.  For all other games that you use OpenGL or d3d11 on use the latest build for the best fixes.

That is a very handy solution as I wouldnt have to switch between renderers all the time then! But would I still be able to use my save file from my Virtual memory card? (i backed up incase of a reinstall or something) Either way thanks!
Just copy the memory card folder. Unless someone changed something in how it worked in between the versions it will work fine.... DO NOT DO THAT WITH SAVESTATES, you will be asking for trouble.
(03-15-2019, 08:29 PM)vsub Wrote: The last build that supports D3D9 is v1.5.0-2779 so of you want DX9,you have to use GSdx from that rev or older
You can add the plugin with different name in the plugins folder and you can switch to it if you want to use DX9 but keep in mind DX9 related bugs will never be fixed
Pretty neat idea but I think I'll be using the actual revision of pcsx2 you were talking about, as another user already mentiined that and it seems the easiest solution to me. Tnx for replying tho!

(03-15-2019, 08:29 PM)vsub Wrote: The last build that supports D3D9 is v1.5.0-2779 so of you want DX9,you have to use GSdx from that rev or older
Pretty neat idea but I think I'll be using the actual revision of pcsx2 you were talking about, as another user already mentiined that and it seems the easiest solution to me. Tnx for replying tho!

(03-15-2019, 08:46 PM)TkSilver Wrote: Just copy the memory card folder.  Unless someone changed something in how it worked in between the versions it will work fine.... DO NOT DO THAT WITH SAVESTATES, you will be asking for trouble.

I dont even use them xD tnx Ill tell you if it works