[DirectInput] Rumble not functional on version 1.7
Current version: v1.7.4915 (Aug 12 2023)

First version with the problem: v1.7.2760 (May 22 2022, first version to ditch wxWidgets and only ship with Qt)

Hello everybody, I have an old Logitech RumblePad 2 controller, which is only DirectInput compatible. With Windows drivers installed, the rumble works just fine on versions 1.6 and earlier. I've done some testing and noticed the following:

If I only enable DirectInput, the controller is recognized by its name, but the controller tab throws an error saying "No devices with vibration motors were detected."
If I only enable SDL, the controller is incorrectly recognized as the Logitech F510, where I can assign SDL vibration motors, but thy don't work

Can anybody please look into it? Thank you

Sponsored links

not sure directinput is still worked on since it's REALLY obsolete.
but why not...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Have it and this pad is more than 20 years old so it's not a surprise he's got some support problems.
But on my side I tried to use it, same result as you, tried to use a virtual x360 pad on it but does not work, tried install logitech software (from W8 installer) and it does not work neither, I'm afraid you'll have to make a cross on vibrations with it.