DirectX 11
So yeah, just like the topic states for some reason my Nvidia GT 540 M(common laptop video card) won't launch as directx 11, only as dx 9..

Along the way, I wanted to ask what's the difference between GS plugins?(AVX, SSE2, SSE4, SSSE3, Null, ZeroGS) Which of those should I use preferably..

Now that this part is asked, let's continue with directx 11 problem: I have 2 times the same video card(GT 540M, will show on screenshot) to select, first one allows to pick the dx11, 2nd one doesn't... and it gives error if you pick dx11 in first one and autochanges it to dx9 on 2nd choice:

[Image: PCSX2_1.jpg]

Here is the error it gives when I try to launch dx11:

(pxActionEvent) GS plugin failed to open!(thread:MTGS)(thread:EE Core)
Closing PAD
Closing GS
Plugins closed successfully.
Shutting down plugins...
Plugins shutdown successfully.
[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll' (error -1073741795: unknown error c000001d)
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll
User-canceled plugin configuration after plugin initialization failure. Plugins unloaded.

That's all info I can think of that can be useful, if you need to know some other PC specs/info for finding a solution - don't hesitate to tell me Smile

Sponsored links

did you try updating directx ?
about the difference between plugins : they all use a different instruction set. The supported ones depend solely on your CPU
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-05-2014, 04:53 PM)jesalvein Wrote: did you try updating directx ?
about the difference between plugins : they all use a different instruction set. The supported ones depend solely on your CPU

It's fully updated, if I can trust the auto web installer, that is..

And about plugins: I can actually use quite a few of those successfully, just wondering, which one I am supposed to use o-o
Please tell the CPU in your machine and the Windows version being used. DirectX 11 is supported only for Vista and up, it is not support on Windows XP, for example.

Second, avx2 is supported only in the newest CPUs from Intel, it is not supported on Intel CPUs prior to Haswell and won't be on AMD CPUs till Excavator comes out. AVX is supported in Intel Sandy Bridge processors and up and AMD processors from Bulldozer and up.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-05-2014, 05:59 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Please tell the CPU in your machine and the Windows version being used. DirectX 11 is supported only for Vista and up, it is not support on Windows XP, for example.

Second, avx2 is supported only in the newest CPUs from Intel, it is not supported on Intel CPUs prior to Haswell and won't be on AMD CPUs till Excavator comes out. AVX is supported in Intel Sandy Bridge processors and up and AMD processors from Bulldozer and up.

It's windows 7 and I am ACTIVELY using direct x 11 outside of PCSX2, so it's not an issue of not being able to use directx 11 at all, only for the emulator.

As for CPU, it's Intel Core i3 2.10 GHz with 4 GB RAM and a 64 bit system.
(05-05-2014, 06:57 PM)Hentaicheg Wrote: It's windows 7 and I am ACTIVELY using direct x 11 outside of PCSX2, so it's not an issue of not being able to use directx 11 at all, only for the emulator.

As for CPU, it's Intel Core i3 2.10 GHz with 4 GB RAM and a 64 bit system.

Since was not stated "which" i3 is that one, is to suppose you must not select the avx2 plugin...

Edit: In the log that is the specific error... the plugin can't be loaded at all.
Edit2: Let's not even comment about the NON blessed C:\Program Files (x86)
tried updating your GPU drivers ? (I hope you didn't do this with windows update, but since you seem to know what you're talking about...)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
stop code c000001d is 'illegal instruction' error. that cpu doesn't support avx2. use the avx plugin.
(05-05-2014, 07:01 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Since was not stated "which" i3 is that one, is to suppose you must not select the avx2 plugin...

Edit: In the log that is the specific error... the plugin can't be loaded at all.
Edit2: Let's not even comment about the NON blessed C:\Program Files (x86)

Umm, let me check, don't remember it just like that.. it's I3 - 2310M to be exact..

Yeah, I understood as much that something is wrong with this avx2 plugin, the only thing I change is directx 9 to directx 11 that results to this error, so not sure what to look into fix that avx2 plugin thing.

And what is wrong with c program files? o-o

EDIT: any idea why it displays the same video card 2 times btw? Pretty weird, especially since one of them doesn't have anything cept directx9 selectable.
(05-05-2014, 07:15 PM)Hentaicheg Wrote: Umm, let me check, don't remember it just like that.. it's I3 - 2310M to be exact..

Yeah, I understood as much that something is wrong with this avx2 plugin, the only thing I change is directx 9 to directx 11 that results to this error, so not sure what to look into fix that avx2 plugin thing.

And what is wrong with c program files? o-o

There is nothing to fix, that processor has support only to AVX, not to AVX2.

About the Program files... you'll find out in time, for now I'm kind of tired repeating the near infinite problems it brings, for years now. Besides there are tons of threads about it in this forums and almost every gaming forums over there... Inclusive Steam has now the option to install outside it even if the Steam itself was installed in there already.

Edit: Anyway, there is no reason to feel down, there is not much speed gain if at all using the AVX2 by now, the AVX extension in general helps a bit on software mode but not in hardware mode and even so not so any astonishing gain in fact.