DirectX 11
(05-05-2014, 07:53 PM)Hentaicheg Wrote: Well, most laptops nowadays have this 2nd intel HD video card, which is being used when on low performance or if selected to do so manually..
My intel HD card is something like.. Intel HD graphics family or something, should be similiar to 3000, but it doesn't even matter much, since it's not being used, I guess..
A little economy if reading word files or such.

I do use the right click and launch with the Nvidia high performance graphic card as default for all of my games though..

It's giving me AVX2 error no matter what plugin I use(I can't even select AVX2 as plugin as seen above), so not sure what's the issue... maybe I should delete the avx2 dll, guess I will try it..

Let's make an exception and talk about the C:\Program Files and other "specially protected" Windows folders.

The problems arise due to the parent application inheriting the rights of the user who started it... meaning it has the same rights to access your Documents folder and so on...

But that's not true for the plugins and mods... in those protected folders they might be "seen" as invasion attempt by malicious software, that's how MS security ideology works. It does not happens in all cases but almost always will give you serious headache once and again.

Since PCSX2 is easy to reinstall, it is highly advisable you do it, actually is enough you move the whole PCSX2 folder to somewhere else, could be so you have C:\PCSX2 or, preferably, even another partition if you have one.

Then move the PCSX2 folder under the Documents folder to merge with that other (attention is to merge them, not to have a second PCSX2 inside the other).

Finally create an empty .txt file and rename it to portable.ini, this file should be on the same place pcsx2.exe is (PCSX2 root directory).

This will make the emulator portable, meaning you can just copy it to inside a pendrive and take it to another machine and it will run from scratch preserving all settings.

And then, MOST important, avoid installing games under Program Files, even if it is the default on installers... this alone will spare you a lot of headaches. And this is valid for PC games as well.

In time: The current problem is not derived from the folder path, but even so is advisable doing the above procedure, least having all kind of access rights problems imaginable and some we can't even foresee yet.

Edit: This is valid for any Windows protected folder, mainly those folders under the \users which includes the Documents folder. Having ini and config files inside the Documents folder is OK but trying to run programs from inside it is... bad, worst even then the Program Files (x86) because the Documents folder is highly protected.
Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

(05-05-2014, 08:05 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: use sse41..

And that is coming from someone who blamed ME for not reading, while not reading a single post as well probably...

At least 3 of my posts stated that I tried EVERY plugin and EVERY single of them worked for DX9, yet DX11 doesn't work on any o-o

EDIT: nosisab, I will try to do so, I guess, but I never realy had the administrative rights problem, and of course I won't install in program files when in the office, since right are limited there..
But as long as it's my PC 99% of the time right click - run as administrator solves 99% of those security issues.. if it doesn't, one can always reinstall no problem, if the problem is in that..
I usually solve such easy problems myself, I realy rarely stumble into any problems with my PC, been using PCSX2 for ages now, and just lately was forced to change onto this machine and now I actually got something I can't solve myself o-o
(05-05-2014, 08:09 PM)Hentaicheg Wrote: And that is coming from someone who blamed ME for not reading, while not reading a single post as well probably...

At least 3 of my posts stated that I tried EVERY plugin and EVERY single of them worked for DX9, yet DX11 doesn't work on any o-o

mkay. weird. did you also try all of the 3 (default and both 540s) while doing so? if that optimus driver and the application override kinda works it should use the 540 on the default settings and send the right feature info to the plugin, which should make this work in dx11 mode. Huh optimus can be a b*tch sometimes.

on that folder issue. the fact the dx9 path works already pins that the plugin is accessed, so...

sure good idea to try the reinstall in a different folder. Wink
(05-05-2014, 08:16 PM)dabore Wrote: mkay. weird. did you also try all of the 3 (default and both 540s) while doing so? if that optimus driver and the application override kinda works it should use the 540 on the default settings and send the right feature info the plugin, which should make this work in dx11 mode. Huh

on that folder issue. the fact the dx9 path works already pins that the plugin is accessed, so...

sure good idea to try the reinstall in a different folder. Wink

1 of those GT 540M's has no option to choose DX11, the remaining GT 540 is giving the error I wrote in 1st post, well, you can ignore the AVX2 thing, now that I deleted it's DLL, the default is giving runtime error(and before you ask, yes, it's fully up to date)
jesalvein Wrote:tried updating your GPU drivers ? (I hope you didn't do this with windows update, but since you seem to know what you're talking about...)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Yes, I had the up to date GPU as well, updated it just a month ago I think..

And I got it fixed guys, so thanks for your help Smile

I am not sure what exactly helped(I reinstalled it, but it didn't immediately help too.) well, I made a lot of tweaks during our chat here and nothing seemed to work out of those suggestions so I decided to reset PC after tweaking so much and guess what, it started to work, not sure what helped in the end, but something did, so yay and thanks again Smile
(05-05-2014, 08:09 PM)Hentaicheg Wrote: And that is coming from someone who blamed ME for not reading, while not reading a single post as well probably...

you have? pretty sure you only say you use most of them said nothing about they all say the same thing when trying to use DX11. you keeping going on about avx2 that your cpu dont support

install
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...px?id=8109

install
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yvo0u5lrac3wh...%20V29.exe

this will install ever VS C++ you will ever need and updated regulary.

use Ss41

Keep pcsx2 OUT of programs folder.
(05-05-2014, 08:32 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: you have? pretty sure you only say you use most of them said nothing about they all say the same thing when trying to use DX11. you keeping going on about avx2 that your cpu dont support

Hentaicheg Wrote:I don't even see the option to select AVX2 here, if that's it.. and no matter which of those I select - every works with DX 9, none works with DX 11

Maybe it was bad wording or something you misunderstood, but I meant that I tried every plugin both with DX 9 and 11 and I didn't even see AVX2 everyone was talking about(error appeared only because I had AVX2 dll still on, while plugin itself was ruled out, weird, huh...)

And got it all fixed as stated in prev post, but thanks anyway Smile
sure... reboot can fix some things. probably some setup or system internal you changed.

good it working now. Smile

cheers.