DirectX Error
Alright so first off I gotta say I'm diggin the idea of playing ps2 games on computer (FFX ftw.). But on a more serious note, everytime i try running it i get a dialog that says "Please update DirectX!"; below it "Would you like to open the download page in your browser?". So I had it open the link, downloaded and ran the plugin, yet it keeps saying it. I've also done the test feature on the plugin GSdx 890 (SSE2, SSE41, and SSSE3) and all those tests were successful. I'm running directX 11 as well, so i thought that was a little curious. I'm sure I just missed something in the configuration, but any help is greatly appreciated.

Edit: Something i just realised, in the debugger it says "Plugin Load Failure: plugins\ZeroGS.dll"; below it "SysLibError Message: <NULL>"

So that might shed a bit of extra light on this situation.

Sponsored links

what's your pc specs and what plugins are you using? (i'm sure it's gsdx Tongue)

and just to be sure here's the link to the websetup Rolleyes
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info....bsetup.exe
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Alright, my pc specs are:

CPU: AMD Turion X2 Ultra Dual Core @ 2.10 ghz
RAM: 4 gb
GPU: ATI Radeon HD 3200 Graphics 1404 mb; Dedicated: 253mb; Shared: 1150mb;

Yeah, I'm using GSdx. I read up on some other threads and downloaded the DirectX Redist from November of 2008 (was around 80mb). Only problem is it doesn't have a default installation directory and I've no idea where to install it.
yea that's the path where you extract the directx files (just put C:\Directx (replace c: with your preffered drive), then go there and run the setup.exe file)
Windows 7 64bit

Ah hah! Luis my friend you're a genius and a scholar. Thanks for the help man, it's running now. Man this is an impressive bit of software, mad props to the devs. Thanks again bro. Now I just gotta look around and see why I'm gettin 12 FPS.
you're welcome Laugh
Windows 7 64bit

Yup, well both my cores are goin at 100% trying to run this game and I'm gettin like 25 fps. Guess this laptop just wasn't meant to run ffx lol.
what settings are you using for pcsx2 and the plugins you are using? (also which gsdx is it {0.1.14, 0.1.8 or some other version})
Windows 7 64bit

I'm using 0.1.14 (SSE2), as for settings uh, i'm using my 2.00 bios from 2004, just using the Normal option for my CPU, and i don't really know what else you want for settings.
like the stuff in config->speed hacks, config->advanced and everything that's being shown in confg->configure. (but now that i see that you didn't know of the other options you must have the defaults for the first 2 Tongue)
Windows 7 64bit