DirectX9+Wine on Linux=gsdx plugin support?
Ive read one of the threads that its possible to run directx9 on linux through an opengl translator on wine which supposedly supports directx9 fine. I am aware that games might play a little slower, but I plan on overclocking so i'm not worried about that.

I'm currently dual booting windows xp and Ubuntu 10.04, and on XP the gsdx plugin is able to increase the native resolution to 1080P, and also it allows a few of my games to play better without any graphical errors, whereas on Ubuntu I dont have all these nice extra features.

Is all this even possible? Ive heard people talk about it, but I haven't seen it done before

Sponsored links

(02-06-2011, 08:01 AM)xebian13b Wrote: Ive read one of the threads that its possible to run directx9 on linux through an opengl translator on wine which supposedly supports directx9 fine. I am aware that games might play a little slower, but I plan on overclocking so i'm not worried about that.

I'm currently dual booting windows xp and Ubuntu 10.04, and on XP the gsdx plugin is able to increase the native resolution to 1080P, and also it allows a few of my games to play better without any graphical errors, whereas on Ubuntu I dont have all these nice extra features.

Is all this even possible? Ive heard people talk about it, but I haven't seen it done before

I don't think it'd help. I mean, you're basically emulating an emulator for an already really powerful system. There isn't enough a good enough tradeoff between doing all that to use GSDX versus just using zzOGL. Besides, I highly doubt that the wine portion would run it all that well (though i could be wrong. I don't know much about wine)
Well wine is more an HLE emulator, the speed impact could be small. Wine translates windows call to linux one, and directx to opengl. Other people try without success, maybe gsdx do some nasty trick not supported by wine I do not know. Maybe a first step is to run PCSX2 on virtualbox+wine (graphical acceleration).

Note: the antialiasing in zz is an other solution to increase the resolution.
Note1: zzogl could be improved Wink