Directx 10 vs Directx 9
So i installed windows 7 RC beta version because it haves DX10. But the speed in games like FF10, FF12, Digital Devil Saga 2, and Kingdom Hearts 2
has the exact same speed as DX9. so could someone tell me whats this thing about that some people tells that almost all the games works like 20% better in DX10 than DX9. Me myself havent seen any differences so far.

Sponsored links

Yea that's right very many games has more fps with DX10 some has much more fps, some games like Futurama or GT4 have no bugs with DX10 and have with DX9, some like FFX better play with DX9
Ninja(NGemu nickname: xcedf)Ninja
(05-08-2009, 07:13 PM)Serpent Wrote: Me myself havent seen any differences so far.

Me neither. I guess that just depends on the game, i've seen bugs arise with DX10 that just weren't there with DX9. I've had a couple of black floor textures in FFXII that looked fine with DX9. You'll just have to try...
The differences are there. But to begin with your card has to support dx10 Smile
i think my 8800gts supports DX10? i am not sure. in what game can you see a huge speed boost with DX10?
Geforce 8 series up support DX10. Yours does.
Yeah, which games get the so-mentioned speed boost?
(05-08-2009, 09:37 PM)Serpent Wrote: i think my 8800gts supports DX10? i am not sure. in what game can you see a huge speed boost with DX10?
The famous Xenosaga I Smile And yes, your card supports dx10.
[Image: kaszak696.png]
The main benefit I've seen to DirectX10 is that if fixes the floor z-fighting seen in most games.
FFX, FFXII, KH1, KH2, Soul Calibur 3, MGS3, Xenosaga series. Need more?

The speed boost mainly relates to the fact Gabest works on DX10 version more than DX9. It doesn't need to be proven, just accept the fact. If DX9 works fine for you - great, use it and don't create useless threads Smile thanks.
(05-08-2009, 10:20 PM)Cain Wrote: FFX, FFXII, KH1, KH2, Soul Calibur 3, MGS3, Xenosaga series. Need more?

The speed boost mainly relates to the fact Gabest works on DX10 version more than DX9. It doesn't need to be proven, just accept the fact. If DX9 works fine for you - great, use it and don't create useless threads Smile thanks.
are you butthurt or something? if it's useless to you, you might just not reply to it...

i have both FFX and FFXII and i'm yet to see the speed boost, seriously, i actually made like 5 tests for each game depending on location and speedhacks, and the results were the same, no gain and no loss, actually dx10 in FFX adds an additional problem, the vertical black lines in their faces, and while FFXII has that additional problem too it fixes the "log z" related problems

i also have persona 4 and dx10 solves the "log z" related problems once again, but now the character talking sprites are bad clipped...

to me dx10 isn't better than dx9, just different, probably has a slight advantage because the "log z" related problems are more noticeable...
E8400 @ 3.2GHz - 8800 GT @ stock - 4GB DDR2 800 [actual: 3.5GB with PAE] - WinXP PRO 32bit SP3
[Image: 133779.png]