Directx 11
Any of this caracteristics can help on the gsdx plug-in??

-Multi-threading rendering
-Compute Shader
-Tessellation

Just asking dont´t flame me Laugh

Sponsored links

-Multi-threading rendering: Used in software mode (sw render threads)
Compute shaders are a CUDA feature right? Then no
Don't know what tessellation is Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(08-18-2009, 08:26 AM)Bositman Wrote: -Multi-threading rendering: Used in software mode (sw render threads)
Compute shaders are a CUDA feature right? Then no
Don't know what tessellation is Tongue

http://www.bit-tech.net/bits/2008/09/17/...s-coming/6

It say that Multi-threading rendering is not software (for directx 10 cards it have to be implemented via software on the drivers, on directx 11 cards will be hardware), is about how all the api work, for years AMD and Nvidia have worked on multi-threaded drivers, but the success has been limited because the directx API up to version 10 was single threaded (1 core full all others doing sound or other things or doing nothing).

"The way Microsoft achieves this is by splitting a Direct3D device down into three separate interfaces: Device, Immediate Context and Deferred Context. Each one is assigned to a thread and with both Device and Deferred Context interfaces, there can be more than one thread assigned to queuing up tasks for the Immediate Context or Render thread."

Compute shaders is OpenCL GPGPU, so i guess for the emulator do nothing. (by the way this kill Physx)
Oh missed the title, DX11 eh. Yeah I think gabest said compute shaders are interesting for GSdx usage. Hardware multi threading will be pretty tough to implement though I believe..
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Is there any card that supports DX11 atm ??
[Image: pibjimh9rqzvk1yz5kl.jpg]

None that fully support it. They are planned for the end of this year or the beginning of the next.

And tessellation would be rather useless for PCSX2. As it needs to be written into the render just like SSAO cannot be used.
(08-18-2009, 09:29 AM)Gentleman Wrote: Is there any card that supports DX11 atm ??

Next month (september) come out all the ATI directx 11 cards.
(08-18-2009, 09:29 AM)Gentleman Wrote: Is there any card that supports DX11 atm ??
dx10 cards support dx11, cause my 8600GT can run on DX11 mode
how did you "run in DX11 mode"?!
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
Odd. My eVGA GeForce GTS 250 crashes in both DirectX 11 hardware and software modes, even with the most recent drivers.