Directx 12 issue and solution
The VC++ 2017 runtimes are binary compatible with the VC++ 2015 runtimes.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/...-too-easy/

Sponsored links

I did not know that, you learn something new every day Smile
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-03-2018, 04:58 PM)turtleli Wrote: The VC++ 2017 runtimes are binary compatible with the VC++ 2015 runtimes.

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/vcblog/...-too-easy/

Do you mean thst I can run pcsx2 with vc++ 2017 runtimes ?
(03-03-2018, 05:03 PM)refraction Wrote: I did not know that, you learn something new every day Smile

It's new to me as well, I always assumed you need the correct version that it was compiled with Tongue
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(03-04-2018, 02:56 PM)lightningterror Wrote: It's new to me as well, I always assumed you need the correct version that it was compiled with Tongue

Yeah same, that's always been the case, now Microsoft have changed the rules, this is unforgivable! Tongue

(03-04-2018, 02:57 PM)refraction Wrote: Yeah same, that's always been the case, now Microsoft have changed the rules, this is unforgivable! Tongue
Worse, it makes no sense MS to do something decent. What you'd expect them to do is make a VC++ runtime 2017-v2 version that is required for all new apps, but is incompatible with all older software and cannot be installed together with older VC++ runtime versions.
(03-04-2018, 03:09 PM)FlatOut Wrote: Worse, it makes no sense MS to do something decent. What you'd expect them to do is make a VC++ runtime 2017-v2 version that is required for all new apps, but is incompatible with all older software and cannot be installed together with older VC++ runtime versions.

That's what I'm expecting!

To be fair this is not the first time MS has done this.

You used to have to install multiple versions of dotNet, now ypu only need 4 or so versions then every one dotNet 1, 1.1, 2 and 4 are all distinct versions that need to exist. 2, 3.0 and 3.5 are all related to each other and 3.5 will cover all of 3.0 and 2 as well as install everything neded for 1 and 1.1 to function too.

4 removed a lot of legacy components (all of them) to save space, but was suposed to be able to run all previous versions of dotNet applications. It dose not always work that well though it's inplace upgrades 4.5+ seem to be improving that bit by bit.

So for dotNet aplications all you really need (currently) is 3.5 and 4.0 (latest version 4.7.1 or so). Since 3.5 replaces 2 and 3 (and installs 1 and 1.1 legacy componets) and 4.7.1 (or latest 4.x) replaces all the 4. Versions. So it does seem Microsoft understands the mes it's software frameworks are in and is moving to consolidate them.