Dirext X 11 and PCSX2 1888
Bug 
Hi everybody i´m from Argentina so try to be patronizingly or at least indulgent concerning my english.

Lets see how Dx11 performs in PCSX2 1888

Plataform:
Windows 7 build 7600
AMD Phenom II 955 Black Edition ® @ 3.6 GHz
4GB DDR 3 OCZ Gold Edition @ 1600mhz
ATI HD 5850 Stock

Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater PAL

Config:
PCSX2 r1888
GSDX10 1873 (Hardware Mode DX11)
1680x1050 - Internal Res 1680x1050
Speedhacks: all accelerate 3d geometry at moderate
All CPU options activated micros too..
FRAMES Limitless.

.. slowdows, slowdowns ... usually 60 fps but sometimes it gets laggy and the frames per second goes down to 35-45
only reach to the red house ... the minimum frames at that area is 45.... can someone tell me if the game will get more heavy (talking ´bout frames) so i can decide to keep playing ´till the end or leave it.
¿Also how can i make it run more fluent? - i tried different dx mode and its the same, als tried different configuration with speed hacks and resolutions.

ONE THING TO NOTE: i´ve been playing for ´bout 15 years , and believe when i say that i can tell the frames without looking at the FPS counter..... the thing is : when i activate all the speed hacks the counter says something about 100- 120 FPS but the REAL speed is the frames that i mention before.

Final Fantasy XII

Config:
PCSX2 r1888
Speedhacks: Not even one.
FRAMES Limitless.

More than just flawless....What can i say, Beatiful, colorful, fantastic, love the resolution of the textures, love the water and magic effects.....in terms of Frames 70 - 120 in game..... couldn't get any better, just absolutely eye-candy, aplausse for coders and scripters or whatever they´re called.
i would Like to set Antialiasing.... if someone could tell me how, i would be much aprecciated.

Shadow Of the Colossus

Config:
PCSX2 r1888
Speedhacks: all accelerate 3d geometry at moderate
FRAMES Limitless.

Mmm. Got the same feeling that MGS 3: SE .... it shows me heaven ( 100-120 fps) but it ´s hell for real ( i sense like 45 when looking at a Colossus and lots of frame Skipping - hate those-)...
Its Beautiful undoubtly, the smoke, the scale, the majesty... but those skipped frames.... i hear recommendations but please dont tell me to lower the int res to native cause it´s THE SAME.-

Fatal Frame 3: The tormented.

Config:
PCSX2 r1888
Speedhacks: none.
FRAMES Limitless.

after new game select screen it gets dark as a texas night (?) ...can´t see anything..... solutions please.

Well thats all Folks... huge hug for everybody and heads up towards next versions of this complex Emulator.

La unidad, la libertad y la inmortalidad esta dentro de nosotros , esperando que nosotros la descubramos.

Sponsored links

(02-25-2010, 04:13 PM)wanderer Wrote: [...]
[...]

I'm sorry to tell you this, but you could have saved you this work. DirectX 11 is currently the same as DirectX 10 for PCSX2. It's pre alpha and full of bugs, which is the only difference to DirectX 10 Tongue. But it's nice to see you enthusiastic about this emulator. It really is a great work of coding.

ONE THING TO NOTE: i´ve been playing for ´bout 15 years , and believe when i say that i can tell the frames without looking at the FPS counter..... the thing is : when i activate all the speed hacks the counter says something about 100- 120 FPS but the REAL speed is the frames that i mention before.
[...]

You already told the solution. You enabled all the speed hacks. They can lead to a false fps counter. The VU Cycle Stealing is most likely to blame for this. Enabling all the speed hacks is no good idea at all, since some can even make some games slower. You have to choose the speed hacks you use for each single game you want to play. Enable one, look if it helps you, disable it, enable the next, a.s.o. When you're done, enable all the ones that helped you. This might be some effort, but it'll be rewarded Wink.

[...]

If you activate SuperVU (just untick the MicroVU boxes), you will get a nice speed up. The compatibility will be lower though. But many games go well with SuperVU, just try it out. Setting the "Clamp Mode" to "None" will also give you some fps, but eventually break your game. But you can't know without trying and if the game works without it, it's rewarding as well.
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.
(02-25-2010, 05:09 PM)Bright-Warrior Wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry to tell you this, but you could have saved you this work. DirectX 11 is currently the same as DirectX 10 for PCSX2. It's pre alpha and full of bugs, which is the only difference to DirectX 10 Tongue. But it's nice to see you enthusiastic about this emulator. It really is a great work of coding.

[...]

You already told the solution. You enabled all the speed hacks. They can lead to a false fps counter. The VU Cycle Stealing is most likely to blame for this. Enabling all the speed hacks is no good idea at all, since some can even make some games slower. You have to choose the speed hacks you use for each single game you want to play. Enable one, look if it helps you, disable it, enable the next, a.s.o. When you're done, enable all the ones that helped you. This might be some effort, but it'll be rewarded Wink.

[...]

If you activate SuperVU (just untick the MicroVU boxes), you will get a nice speed up. The compatibility will be lower though. But many games go well with SuperVU, just try it out. Setting the "Clamp Mode" to "None" will also give you some fps, but eventually break your game. But you can't know without trying and if the game works without it, it's rewarding as well.

Even if 11 is buggy My persona 3 FES doesn't have Graphical Glitches in the game play but the rendering sucks the picture is really chopy I cant run r1888 without it being under admin.
[Image: 66xk69.jpeg]
(02-26-2010, 12:58 AM)Kiaos Wrote: [...]
Even if 11 is buggy My persona 3 FES doesn't have Graphical Glitches in the game play but the rendering sucks the picture is really chopy
[...]

But why using a renderer which is exactly the same as DirectX 10 but has bugs? I don't get this at all. You'll get the same, most likely even a better, result by using DirectX 10. It might be called DirectX 11, but it isn't. That's why everyone with a DirectX 10 graphics card can use it. It would end in a error otherwise, which should be the best prove for it beeing the same as DirectX 10. I tried myself Tongue.
Rejoice, they say. Color is back.