Dirge of Cerberus on steam deck massive frame rate drops
I’m trying to play dirge of Cerberus on the steam deck and I get massive frame rate drops. Does anyone know of optimized settings to reduce frame drops?

Edit: changing renderer to automatic in graphics settings seems to improve the frame stuttering immensely. I also set frame rate control to 99hz under advanced settings but I have not tested this extensively to confirm that this helped or not. I enabled vsync as well but again have not extensively tested wether or not this improved frame rate or not.

Sponsored links

native res, i guess. it's a quite demanding game, and a steamdeck is a bit limited in terms of raw power.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(08-29-2022, 08:56 AM)jesalvein Wrote: native res, i guess. it's a quite demanding game, and a steamdeck is a bit limited in terms of raw power.

I tried changing to native resolution but it didn’t seem to make a difference. It’s surprising to me that the steam deck can handle ps3 and Xbox 360 emulation but struggle with dirge of Cerberus which I would think is more demanding. Is it possible that it’s an issue with pcsx2?
PS3, x360 and PS2 are different consoles, with different architectures, handled by different emulatore. The comparison is nonsensical.
It could be a problem with pcsx2, but many had 0 pro mem running it in decent hardware. So...
(08-29-2022, 04:28 PM)jesalvein Wrote: PS3, x360 and PS2 are different consoles, with different architectures, handled by different emulatore. The comparison is nonsensical.
It could be a problem with pcsx2, but many had 0 pro mem running it in decent hardware. So...

So it sounds more like a software optimization issue rather than an issue with the steam deck not having enough raw power.
Not really. As I said, it runs fine on decent hardware.
Maybe you should keep playing on your real PS2 for now, until you can get better hardware.
(08-29-2022, 05:15 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Not really. As I said, it runs fine on decent hardware.
Maybe you should keep playing on your real PS2 for now, until you can get better hardware.

I’m having trouble believing it’s a hardware issue with the steam deck as it plays much more demanding games but ok.
(08-29-2022, 05:49 PM)Burninater69 Wrote: I’m having trouble believing it’s a hardware issue with the steam deck as it plays much more demanding games but ok.

depends on what you call "much more demanding"
For anyone trying to play Dirge of Cerberus on the steam deck, I have found some specific settings which vastly improves performance and runs almost perfectly. See my attached screenshots for the settings.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)