Disable post-process effects and fog?
A simple question, is it possible to disable post-process effects and fog in games?

I have tried messing with the skipdraw option in the HW hacks with the game Fatal Frame 3, increasing the value, increases the amount of  post-process effects, while any negative value removes them, it also removes (visually only) menus and the like, making the game unplayable but also increasing frame rate (in frame-limit disabled mode)

I just hate those effects visually, I find they make any game uglier, it's not a question of technical problems due to them, just a question of taste (though better framerate is always welcome of course)

Sponsored links

IIRC, higher level of CRC hacks level at the combo box actually skipped some post processing effects, would be a good place to check on for skipping such effects.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(10-25-2015, 04:42 PM)ssakash Wrote: IIRC, higher level of CRC hacks level at the combo box actually skipped some post processing effects, would be a good place to check on for skipping such effects.

Sorry I'm not familiar with those terms, not really great with computers...

IIRC?
the combo box?
Iv'e seen "CRC hacks" written here and there but I don't know what it stands for

thanks for the help
do you want increasing fps, right?
tell me GS% and EE%?
Im sorry i often misstype because im using cellphone...Y( '',)Y
(10-25-2015, 04:54 PM)billyash Wrote: do you want increasing fps,  right?
tell me GS% and  EE%?

not necessarily, what I'm really after is removing post-process effects and fog, better framerate is just a bonus 

with fatal frame 3, I have about 67fps and it drops sometimes,  the very beginning of the game everything is very slow ~32fps, it as a ancient black/white film look during that time

sorry don't know what EE is...
you are probably using an older version of PCSX2, get the latest dev build from here: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html

there enter -> GSDX plugin settings -> try different combo box values of an settings called "CRC Hack Level" , that might disable some post processing effects.

Quote:IIRC?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=iirc
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(10-25-2015, 05:06 PM)ssakash Wrote: you are probably using an older version of PCSX2, get the latest dev build from here: http://pcsx2.net/download/development/git.html

there enter -> GSDX plugin settings -> try different combo box values of an settings called "CRC Hack Level" , that might disable some post processing effects.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=iirc

oh the first time I downloaded pcsx2, I got the version "v1.3.1-1326-gfba5a80" and I wasn't  able to make it work, games would not load and the screen stayed black

now I have 1.2.1 and it works well, so I don't know if I'm willing to mess with that, rather wait I guess

your suggestion is still good though, I'll try that out when the latest stable release will get updated, thanks
Quote: I'll try that out when the latest stable release will get updated, thanks

that would be around the end of the year, good luck Wink
- Refraction
Isnt that what skipdraw does?
Intel Core i5-8600K @ 4.5 GHz
GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Stock
ASRock Z370 Taichi LGA 1151 mobo
CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 16GB 2400 DDR4 RAM
SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB PCIe SSD
Indigo Xtreme Thermal Interface Material
Phanteks Enthoo Pro ES614P Black Steel Case
EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2 220-G2-0750-XR PSU
Windows 10 64-bit
I think agressive crc hack can include certain levels of skipdraw. But also additional stuff. The best solution would threfore be to enable agressive crc hack level and set skipdraw to 100.