Disabling god rays and light effects
Is there a way to disable or speed up processing of light effects?
I'm playing Gran Turismo 3 and it runs perfectly at stable 50FPS it was intended to run on even on high resolution.

However it all breaks down on some specific courses containing lights with ray effects like the ones in this picture:
[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Examples of these are Seattle 2 or Special Stage 5

The game becomes barely playable. I've tried various speedhacks and plugin settings even playing at ridiculously low resolution.

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I have an i5 4200M, 8GB RAM, Win 8.1 x64 and a GeForce 755M
using the 1.2.1 with default plugins.
The problem I am describing is occuring on default settings as well.
As I've explained before I've been trying to play Gran Turismo 3 PAL from an ISO.

I'll ask the question again, is there a way to explicitly disable said effects? Or all nonessential effects for that matter?
try using skipdraw
it's under
config>video>plugin settings>hardware hacks
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(11-30-2014, 08:26 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: try using skipdraw
it's under
config>video>plugin settings>hardware hacks
  • Skipdraw 5+ makes everything except the HUD and quite ironically the light rays disappear
  • Skipdraw 4 makes stuff visible again but some elements of the hud and lights stay in place even though the rest of the scene moves and the game frequently freezes on a frame while the game continues in the background (I can hear sounds, I can control them, etc.) After this the game unfreezes in a while a freezes all over again.
  • Skipdraw 3 is smooth and does exactly the same as Skipdraw 4 on the Seattle track (sunset lighting) but it does manage to fix the Special Stage 5 (night track). The only downside to SS5 with SD3 is that lights flicker and there is an occational late pop-in of the road texture.
  • Skipdraw 2 is as smooth as the rest of the game however light effects, HUD elements and fog/smoke effects do not time-out and stay on screen until I pause/unpause the game only to start building up again
  • Skipdraw 1 Is basicaly the same as Skipdraw 0, only with messed up HUD. Slowdown remains.

So skipdraw appears the be the most playable setting for the moment. I am going to try the other hack combinations.

This is what it looks like at 2
[Image: ZVRd1SD.png]