Poll: Should we add a new category above playable like excellent or perfect?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
80.00%
20 80.00%
No
20.00%
5 20.00%
Total 25 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Discussing the possibilities of the "Perfect" rating
Seems to me like speed that is dependent on someone's hardware shouldn't matter for the rating.

But an exception might be if a known bug in the emulation of the game (not just the game being demanding graphically or in CPU processing) that is causing low speed irrespective of someone's hardware and no modern hardware can get 100% speed due to that. I don't know if any such game exists though. Like some bugs may cause graphical glitches or crashes, but I imagine some may impact the speed of the game.

Sponsored links

(03-17-2016, 05:34 PM)BlackTelomeres Wrote: Seems to me like speed that is dependent on someone's hardware shouldn't matter for the rating.
That's exactly right!
(03-17-2016, 05:34 PM)BlackTelomeres Wrote: But an exception might be if a known bug in the emulation of the game (not just the game being demanding graphically or in CPU processing) that is causing low speed irrespective of someone's hardware and no modern hardware can get 100% speed due to that.

But who's to say a year or two down the line said games won't run at 60fps on the current hardware of the time? it will then be incorrect again.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-17-2016, 05:37 PM)refraction Wrote: That's exactly right!

But who's to say a year or two down the line said games won't run at 60fps on the current hardware of the time? it will then be incorrect again.

Well yeah those types of games would have to be updated with the times, but then one would also have to change it if the speed bug was fixed and it was excellent on even mid end machines then due to the bug fix. Nevertheless, I assume this is a minor matter and not many games fall under this type of exception if any. The one game I recall that people mentioned that had speed slower than what seemed reasonable was Shadow Hearts 1 in towns and dungeons in HW mode and I experienced that myself (which was what led me to look it up). But in that game good hardware could still get 100% speed in HW mode and I don't think SW mode was affected. So it could still get excellent anyway.
Personally this would be my thoughts on the current topic:

Considering a game that can't be played at full speed on ANY existing hardware:

If the reason why is it's just stupid demanding as hell, then I'd say that doesn't affect the rating.

If the reason why is some emulation glitch, then I'd say it would. An example would be the VU recompilation thing on Scarface that we recently fixed.

That's just my thoughts though.

I agree, adding that big 0.0% category might induce some people to test. At the very least I'd say it hits the nail on the head why we don't get that many compat reports - especially now there is not much to report, at least not to the eyes of someone who is not in the know.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
How about opening up a vote? You guys have been debating since 2014...
CPU: Intel i5-8400 2.8 GHz (4.0 GHz Turbo)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2060 Gaming OC (6 GB)
RAM: Ripjaws V Series, 2x8 GB DDR4 (2666 MHz)
Motherboard: GIGABYTE B360M D3H
Power supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G3 550 W
No, not quite that long lol.

We discussed for about a week in 2014 and then this thread died. And then it came back from the dead a couple of weeks ago.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(03-25-2016, 07:36 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: No, not quite that long lol.

We discussed for about a week in 2014 and then this thread died. And then it came back from the dead a couple of weeks ago.

Seven pages of this thread spanned from July 2014 to the end of December 2014 and then the next six pages started again from November 2015 to March 2016 lol I think it's time that it's put up for a vote  Laugh
Well I'm all for it, but the logistics could be a problem. The pcsx2.net compatibility numbers and database are actually pulled from the forum, that's why the OP of compat reports follows a strict template. It could be as simple as just adding a new category, IDK, I'm not sure exactly how it's done.

But yeah, a vote wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll add a poll to the OP.

GO VOTE.
What ever happened to this???
I don't think it's necessary at this current point in time. It's just another rating that will become outdated as compatibility fluctuates. I still have a few games that I need to update in the current GameDB as Playable instead of Broken - it's a larger amount of work for the small team that already exists