Disgaea 2 odd texture disappearing thing
(12-24-2015, 07:42 AM)xemnas99 Wrote: If you're using Direct3D 9, try using Direct3D 11.

yo that worked! thanks a lot my dude you were a lot of help

Sponsored links

Wow you guys are real strict on things. Good luck getting along with anyone and seriously, on Christmas Eve?! I'll repeat: I am only trying to help.

(12-24-2015, 07:14 AM)jesalvein Wrote: mip-mapping in disgaea 2 ?
since when ? Blink

I wonder if you enabled frameskipping, or did you push speedhacks a bit high ? because it kinda looks like it

I said 'likely' mate, not 100% definitely. Now I know for the future.
(12-24-2015, 07:28 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Please don't give help when you have no idea what you are talking about.

As jesalvein said Disgaea is a 2D game - it does not and cannot use mipmampping.

You're right Bliss, I am no expert but I am willing to learn new things and in fact I did manage to give a solution to the problem. Glare
(12-24-2015, 03:44 PM)SamTheGr8est Wrote: Wow you guys are real strict on things. Good luck getting along with anyone and seriously, on Christmas Eve?!
you should start by learning the difference between "strict" and "precise"
Quote:I'll repeat: I am only trying to help.
and that's a good thing.
But read and learn before doing so. Else, you'll make more harm than good.
Quote:I said 'likely' mate, not 100% definitely. Now I know for the future.
then don't post instead of trying to provide 'likely' false information
Quote:in fact I did manage to give a solution to the problem. Glare
Software mode will most of the time solve the problem. But it's the "last resort". providing this solution instead of trying to understand why it happens isn't an "accurate way of helping"
In short, start by watching and learning, help little, and the more you will learn, the more you'll be able to help.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Strange, I couldn't even reproduce this on D3D9 hardware renderer.
(12-24-2015, 03:44 PM)SamTheGr8est Wrote: Wow you guys are real strict on things. Good luck getting along with anyone and seriously, on Christmas Eve?! I'll repeat: I am only trying to help.

I said 'likely' mate, not 100% definitely. Now I know for the future.

You're right Bliss, I am no expert but I am willing to learn new things and in fact I did manage to give a solution to the problem. Glare

jesalvein said most of what I would say but to reiterate:

I wasn't trying to be rude. If you want to help that's great - we can always use more people to help in the discussion sections. I simply asked you to refrain from answering things you didn't understand. All of us started knowing nothing at some point and that includes me. If you want to help, then you want to be effective at helping, don't you? The forum is a wealth of information, watch it, read it, dig through it.

Software mode will fix almost any graphic problem but as jesalvein said it should be considered a last resort. It's much more demanding(and note the OP has an Ultrabook CPU) and limited to native resolution.

In this case, mipmapping was not the problem. Mipmapping is a technique that 3D games use to improve texture quality. In a nutshell, they use lower res textures the further the texture is from the camera. That reduces things like shimmering in the distance. But 2d games don't have a depth buffer and therefore such a technique is irrelevant to them.

If you want to answer questions before you've spent a lot of time learning then the Wiki is a great resource. When someone asks a question about a game, look it up on the wiki and see if it's a known bug. If it is, it will likely list a solution as well. I did that for probably 6 months before I knew things well enough to answer most questions without looking. If it's not a known bug, then you can start by asking for basic information about hardware, configuration, etc and for non graphics bugs you can ask for the emulog.txt. That way when someone who may know the answer shows up, they have access to good, useful information.

Also, my name is Blyss not Bliss. Smile
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD