Disgaea 2 odd texture disappearing thing
ok so first and foremost i apologize if this has already happened before but from my searches it doesn't appear that anyone else has had this problem. so, essentially, Disgaea 2 has this weird issue where the textures on objects like buildings and boxes and the like in the hub world seem to sorta dissappear? i can't really describe it via text so i made a gif of it

[Image: 9Qc3W0i.gifv]
(if that doesn't work for whatever reason use this: http://i.imgur.com/9Qc3W0i.gifv)

if anyone has any idea why this happens or how i can fix it please let me know, and, if the gif is too choppy just let me know and i'll get a smoother one for you.

thanks in advance and happy holidays

Sponsored links

can you list all of your settings?
your specs?
disc or ISO?
PCSX2 version?

Thanks!
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Try clicking F9 it might an inaccuracy in HW mode. SW mode will likely fix it. Make sure to provide all the info Nobbs asked for.
Please don't make suggestions when we don't have any information on the issue.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(12-24-2015, 03:46 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: can you list all of your settings?
your specs?
disc or ISO?
PCSX2 version?

Thanks!

i'm using 1.2.1, an ISO,
my processor is an intel core i5-4210U, 8 g of ram
and i haven't changed any settings since i first got the program

i'm not very fluent with these kinds of things so if i missed something let me know, haha.
oh, also, i tried what the one dude said up there, pressing F9, and it actualy worked but it TOTALLY ruined the speed at which the game ran at. like, the FPS seemed to be fine, but the game was going at about half the speed
(12-24-2015, 04:56 AM)JayMonoto Wrote: i'm using 1.2.1, an ISO,

i'm not very fluent with these kinds of things so if i missed something let me know, haha.

Hey you have my CPU too!

(12-24-2015, 04:15 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Please don't make suggestions when we don't have any information on the issue.
Nobbs, we do have information. That was the fact that the HW renderer couldn't display the image correctly, likely due to mip-mapping and since we're dealing with mip-mapping the SW renderer can display it properly. So don't be telling me not to help, when I can!
(12-24-2015, 06:36 AM)SamTheGr8est Wrote: Hey you have my CPU too!

Nobbs, we do have information. That was the fact that the HW renderer couldn't display the image correctly, likely due to mip-mapping and since we're dealing with mip-mapping the SW renderer can display it properly. So don't be telling me not to help, when I can!

mip-mapping in disgaea 2 ?
since when ? Blink

I wonder if you enabled frameskipping, or did you push speedhacks a bit high ? because it kinda looks like it
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-24-2015, 06:36 AM)SamTheGr8est Wrote: Nobbs, we do have information. That was the fact that the HW renderer couldn't display the image correctly, likely due to mip-mapping and since we're dealing with mip-mapping the SW renderer can display it properly. So don't be telling me not to help, when I can!

Please don't give help when you have no idea what you are talking about.

As jesalvein said Disgaea is a 2D game - it does not and cannot use mipmampping.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(12-24-2015, 04:56 AM)JayMonoto Wrote: i'm using 1.2.1, an ISO,

If you're using Direct3D 9, try using Direct3D 11.