Disk Swap?
I am new to using this Emulator. Wanted to play Star Ocean 3... How does disc swapping work in this emulator, is it possible?

Sponsored links

you need to use gigahertz DVD plugin to swap.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
disc change is not implemented for pcsx2 you need to have a game save ready for disc2 should do it.

(11-28-2011, 04:28 AM)jesalvein Wrote: you need to use gigahertz DVD plugin to swap.

hmmm i never know gigahertz can change disk.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
disc swapping to an extent does. last I heard two-part games work, but I have no idea to be honest
(11-28-2011, 04:28 AM)jesalvein Wrote: you need to use gigahertz DVD plugin to swap.

I am using emulator version 0.9.8, will that work with disc swap? Wanting to play Star Ocean 3, but worried about starting new game and not being able to finish if I cant do disc swap...
Yeah disc swapping works with SO3, many PCSX2 users have finished the game. You can also swap discs while using the internal ISO reader, when you get prompted to change disc you just select the second disc ISO from the iso selector and you get a pop up window in which you simply select 'swap disc'.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-28-2011, 05:56 AM)Bositman Wrote: Yeah disc swapping works with SO3, many PCSX2 users have finished the game. You can also swap discs while using the internal ISO reader, when you get prompted to change disc you just select the second disc ISO from the iso selector and you get a pop up window in which you simply select 'swap disc'.

Yay! Thanks guys!
(11-28-2011, 04:30 AM)Saiki Wrote: disc swapping to an extent does. last I heard two-part games work, but I have no idea to be honest

2 disk games do work, however changing disks without a reboot does not reset the disk ID loaded, so save states created with the second disk will be created with the CRC of the first disk.

This was not so much a problem with the old save state format i believe (though i don't have much experience with multiple disk games and states prior to the new state naming mechanism.
well i have a code brackers disk and i cant seam to swap the code brakers disk with a game disk help on this please oh and i have it on fullscreen to
Don't necro old threads and make your own.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]