Display driver crashing with PCSX2
I have the same exact problem with that, except it only happened once. I was playing and my screen saver activated and then my whole computer froze, and to restart the display driver I had to restart my computer. Sad it's not over heating, though I do have a bad computer, and it's slow for PCSX2, but I get 40-45 FPS on FFX, sometimes even full speed. I dont use the emulator however I am waiting for it to get better. Laugh

Pentium 4 3.00 GHz
2.99 GHz, 1.99 GB of RAM
82945G Express Chipset Family

Yes it's slooow but it runs PCSX2 outstandingly great for the specs. I only had one crash and that was when the screen saver actived and froze my whole machine.

I am interested to find out an answer myself. :3

Sponsored links

(08-10-2011, 12:45 AM)miseru99 Wrote: From which driver version it started? I use Catalyst 11.6 in win7 x64 currently(and 11.4 previously) without problems.

Im not sure that it started to happen with 11.6, actually I believe its problem of the rev. I just thought It may had something to do, tried r4817, it works flawlessly. Im still experiencing these crashes with r4850 Wacko.

(08-10-2011, 01:55 AM)xstyla Wrote: sober diagnosis

Is the GPU OCed by default or done self? what you using for temp reading? is it reliable? there're programs with false readings. what's the load when it crashes? are there any conflicts with other programs using the device? context switching between non exclusive programs could cause the driver go nuts and crash.

regular solution would be to switch off aero and any other graphics "heavy" desktop extension. and try runnign pcsx2 exclusive fullscreen. even tho it's known that it doesn't really work anymore. :\

@squall I just wanna shake my head. that comment was totally messed up. you say it's the hardware and still bugging AMD for their drivers. seriously. wtf. ;]

The GPU is NOT OC'ed at all, Its using the stock values. Im using HWMonitor for my temps since I have a CoolerMaster V6GT and tons of fans, along with a Antec 902 Case...

The CPU is along 30ºC on load because the V6GT Kicking the fans rev up to 2300rpm, the GPU is a little hotter than that, with 45ºc on load.

(08-10-2011, 02:50 AM)dralor Wrote: Squall is well known for his hate all things AMD but despite that fact he's still pretty knowledgeable. First thing I would do is some temp readings on the card though. After that if still no dice I'd try a clean install of the drivers as a messed up driver install can cause many issues.

I did clean installs, the strange thing like I said, is that it doesnt happens in past revs (tried r4817 without any kind of crash), but r4850 or newer I suppose, crashes the display driver like I said.

[Image: 6jj70x.png]
(08-10-2011, 03:47 AM)Elratauru Wrote: (...)
tried r4817, it works flawlessly. Im still experiencing these crashes with r4850 Wacko.
Oh soo it happens in pcsx2 svn builds:3.
Lol you sure it's from 4850? Not something in-between 4817-4850? Couse that one was just an portaudio update. Or maybe you do use portaudio in SPU2-X? Tried r4853(or newer)? As that fixed some ever-growing list from portaudio change(dunno the details, as I didn't updated it yet couse not using portaudio), maybe that error would result in your driver crashing.
(08-10-2011, 04:47 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Oh soo it happens in pcsx2 svn builds:3.
Lol you sure it's from 4850? Not something in-between 4817-4850? Couse that one was just an portaudio update. Or maybe you do use portaudio in SPU2-X? Tried r4853(or newer)? As that fixed some ever-growing list from portaudio change(dunno the details, as I didn't updated it yet couse not using portaudio), maybe that error would result in your driver crashing.

Oh...sometimes I just forget to say that Im using SVN Tongue

Yeah I guess is something in-between them. I'll try a newer one, but I really doubt that the problem lies in spu2-x...I mean, a sound plugin crashing a video driver? Tongue

I'll still try and post my results later.
[Image: 6jj70x.png]
(08-10-2011, 05:13 AM)Elratauru Wrote: Yeah I guess is something in-between them. I'll try a newer one,

Uhhh... if the problem still persists after that, then try to find which revision in between started the problems for you.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64