Distorted/Slow-Mo Sound but good fps and good PC.
I have been experiencing this occasionally, not all the time, but it is enough to be annoying.

I have good FPS. ~50 on DBZ BT3 Sometimes drops a few fps but i dont think that effects anything.

I have not touched my settings because i have a gaming pc. I dont want the quality of the game to go all bad because of the sound.

My Specs are:

-Intel® 3rd generation Core™ i7 3630QM @2.40 GHz
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 MX
-12 GB RAM
-750gb SSHD 7200rpm
- 64 Bit system
-Windows 8

Is there any way to fix this sound problem without lowering my game quality/ sound quality?

Sponsored links

(03-08-2014, 11:15 PM)ichigo1000 Wrote: I have been experiencing this occasionally, not all the time, but it is enough to be annoying.

I have good FPS. ~50 on DBZ BT3 Sometimes drops a few fps but i dont think that effects anything.

I have not touched my settings because i have a gaming pc. I dont want the quality of the game to go all bad because of the sound.

My Specs are:

-Intel® 3rd generation Core™ i7 3630QM @2.40 GHz
-NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 MX
-12 GB RAM
-750gb SSHD 7200rpm
- 64 Bit system
-Windows 8

Is there any way to fix this sound problem without lowering my game quality/ sound quality?

Use speedhacks
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Sound is tied to the FPS. Unless you're getting 60 FPS on NTSC games or 50 FPS on PAL games, you're not going to get accurate sound.
well one can use async mix in spu2-x settings... but that can break games...

Nevertheless your 'gaming pc' is not an 'emulation pc'... Your CPU seems to be a bit too weak...
async mix in spu2-x instead of timestretch will solve the problem. it didnt break dbz bt3 iso which i have. but to be safe keep a backup copy of your iso.
[Image: lhljdGn.png]
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

(03-09-2014, 12:37 AM)willkuer Wrote: well one can use async mix in spu2-x settings... but that can break games...

Nevertheless your 'gaming pc' is not an 'emulation pc'... Your CPU seems to be a bit too weak...
Intel i7 3630QM is weak for pcsx2?? That processor is pretty high end, if not, one of the best processors for a laptop though.
I dont really think its weak. Because my PCSX2 setting are almost all maxed out and made it hd resolution. Its not the fps problem because i dont see any lag and the fps is 98% of the time 50 on PAL games.

Also FYI, it is a gaming laptop.

(03-09-2014, 12:02 AM)metalmallow Wrote: Sound is tied to the FPS. Unless you're getting 60 FPS on NTSC games or 50 FPS on PAL games, you're not going to get accurate sound.

I know it is, i said it happens occasionally. FPS seems to be fine with me when i use fraps it always says 50. maybe sometimes 49 or 48.

Also, all the settings on pcsx2 are on pretty high quality set with hd resolution and fps is still running fine. 98% of the time it is 50. sometimes drop to 49 or 48 when a game round has started.

And the sound usually happens when rounds start. It doesnt really happen during the gameplay.
(03-09-2014, 04:30 AM)Shouvanik Wrote: async mix in spu2-x instead of timestretch will solve the problem. it didnt break dbz bt3 iso which i have. but to be safe keep a backup copy of your iso.

It wont do effect the quality of the sound right? If it does, is it noticable?
it will make audio and video out of sync. audio will run as if it does in a fullspeed game. it comes in handy if your game is below full speed. it has no effect on quality but it breaks certain games.
My Steam Profile
Intel i7 8086k @ 4.0 ghz | Nvidia Gtx 980ti 6GB | Corsair Vengence pro 16gb DDR4 | WD Blue 1tb + Black 2tb hdd | Samsung 850 Evo 250gb SSD | Windows 10 pro

(03-09-2014, 08:09 AM)Shouvanik Wrote: it will make audio and video out of sync. audio will run as if it does in a fullspeed game. it comes in handy if your game is below full speed. it has no effect on quality but it breaks certain games.

is it a Enable/Disable function?

Also what do you mean by it breaks certain games?
open spu2-x configuration screen. at the right of that windows u can see 'synchronising mode' and below that there is timestretch'. click on the timestretch and a sub menu will be displayed containing 'timestretch', 'async mix' and 'none'. click on async mix. that's all!
well it causes some games to hang or crash. but it did not happen when i played dbz bt3. but if u want to be safe u can create another copy of ur iso file and then play the game. Smile
My Steam Profile