Distorted images at the top and bottom of video
Hello,
I have just started playing Kingdom Hearts 1 at 1920x1080 resolution. The menu is fine but as soon as the intro video starts playing, images from the menu appear at the top and bottom of the video. Please see attached images. I don't have this problem with Harvest Moon (the only other game I have at the moment). Any help will be sincerely appreciated.

Sponsored links

press F9 twice and it should be gone
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-01-2013, 09:19 PM)jesalvein Wrote: press F9 twice and it should be gone

Thanks mate, perfect. Have some rep. By the way what causes it?
some artifacts from hardware mode.
WHen you switch to sw mode, they disappear.
weirdly, they don't reappear once you switch back to hw mode.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-01-2013, 09:27 PM)jesalvein Wrote: weirdly, they don't reappear once you switch back to hw mode.

Magic ? , or just a refresh thingy Tongue
Three words:
texture cache leftovers

Typically such things can be fixed, but fixing it would either break alot of other stuff in other games or literaly slow everything down.
(07-02-2013, 01:00 AM)miseru99 Wrote: Three words:
texture cache leftovers

Typically such things can be fixed, but fixing it would either break alot of other stuff in other games or literaly slow everything down.

that's why CRC hacks are meant for right ?
No;p, CRC hacks are mostly for skipdraw and some other stuff around adding crc hacks to TC would be the last case described above aka slowing everything down.
(07-02-2013, 02:26 AM)miseru99 Wrote: No;p, CRC hacks are mostly for skipdraw and some other stuff around adding crc hacks to TC would be the last case described above aka slowing everything down.

i mean can be the activation of the code to fix it is based on CRC / Database
I know what you ment>.>. But TC is gsdx bottleneck, meaning any additional code in will slow down all games, which means nobody will add a clutter like crc hacks there. Even Gabest rarely touches it, and most fixes to it broken other stuff, just like the ps2 logo fix from like a year ago made shops disappear in steambot chronicles and turned whole other game to blackscreen. Everyone just keeps repeating it needs a total rewrite;p, but that might as well never happen.