Do I need an DX10-class video card to run DX10 software mode?
Hi everybody, I have a question as the title.

Just got a new rig with core i5 750 paired with my old video card geforce6200TC, windows 7 pro 64

When I use DX10 software, the emulator said gs init fails. DX9 is fine.

Sponsored links

I dont think this is from your video card,but from dx10 itself,did you install dx10 properly?
I'm inactive on this, dedicating most of my time to osu!
Your card doesn't support DX10, you have to use a Direct3D9 renderer in GSdx and in fact with that card you might want to use the Software renderer in case hardware is too slow.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(03-13-2010, 03:26 AM)SonicXPS2 Wrote: I dont think this is from your video card,but from dx10 itself,did you install dx10 properly?

I have installed the DX redistribute package Feb-2010 from MS website, I think it come with DX10. I think if there are no required DX DLLs, the emulator will pop an message box for warning.

(03-13-2010, 04:35 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Your card doesn't support DX10, you have to use a Direct3D9 renderer in GSdx and in fact with that card you might want to use the Software renderer in case hardware is too slow.

Yeah, I knew. So I tried DX10 software mode, and it refused to run, DX9 software is ok (and great, full speed with FFX, FFX-2, FFXII)

It even didn't tell me anything about the error, maybe it is an undocumented error, Laugh.
I will try to upload a screenshot later.

So I suspected that even in DX10 software mode, I have to use an DX10 video card. Am I right?
As far as I remember it should have worked but anyway there shouldn't be a difference between software modes so it's not like you're missing out.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
So all software modes match in term of performance, yeah, it makes sense.
Thank you, shadow lady.