Do my spec meet the minimum requirement?
(11-01-2010, 05:06 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: It's whatever you choose when you make your Image file (.iso/mdf/whatever), right now the latest beta has some problems with mdf cd images so use .bin/cue for those (if you have any CD game discs that is Tongue2) but that's about it.

Than you so much for the reply!
I really appriciate that Laugh
I learn alot from this forum Laugh

Thank you once again! Laugh

Sponsored links

If you want to make an image file from your actual game disk I suggest imageburn or dvd decryptor. You insert your disk and it'll rip the file and you can play it. I''ve done this for 3 or 4 games.
i5 520m :: ATI 5650 (700, 900) :: Samsun 830 128GB SSD:: 8GB (2x4GB) RAM
(11-01-2010, 05:29 PM)Hungry Man Wrote: If you want to make an image file from your actual game disk I suggest imageburn or dvd decryptor. You insert your disk and it'll rip the file and you can play it. I''ve done this for 3 or 4 games.

Can I use Daemon, or Alcohol?
It's better if you use the internal ISO loader in PCSX2 directly instead of disc emulation software.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-01-2010, 05:45 PM)NataStar Wrote:
(11-01-2010, 05:29 PM)Hungry Man Wrote: If you want to make an image file from your actual game disk I suggest imageburn or dvd decryptor. You insert your disk and it'll rip the file and you can play it. I''ve done this for 3 or 4 games.

Can I use Daemon, or Alcohol?

(11-01-2010, 06:35 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: It's better if you use the internal ISO loader in PCSX2 directly instead of disc emulation software.

@Shadow Lady
imageburn or dvd decryptor are the software to make the iso's right?
Daemon and Alcohol can make image disk too, so I ask Hungry Man if its ok to make the Iso's use stated software Smile Internal ISO loader function is to load the iso, not making one, right?
(Orr.. did I interpret it wrong ? I'm not English speaker, so sorry he3x Tongue)
hmmm.. you are right I was making wrong assumptions, anyway ImgBurn is the recommended software to make the ISOs, you can make them with other software but there's been cases of them causing trouble so better stay with ImgBurn or it's predecessor dvd decryptor.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Daemon and alcohol are image mounting programs that are used to emulate disk drives. Imageburn and DVD decryptor are programs made for taking the ISO file off of a DVD (or writing them.)

If you have the .iso file you do NOT need to mount it with daemon or alcohol. Just use PCSX2 to select it.
(11-01-2010, 04:05 AM)NataStar Wrote:
(11-01-2010, 02:40 AM)Saiki Wrote: ps2 cDVDs are just cDVDs (cd or dvd)

I mean the image format hehehe
is it iso or other format??

no, the discs themselves are just regular discs that are specially coated for the PS2 (information from datel)
(11-01-2010, 08:00 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: hmmm.. you are right I was making wrong assumptions, anyway ImgBurn is the recommended software to make the ISOs, you can make them with other software but there's been cases of them causing trouble so better stay with ImgBurn or it's predecessor dvd decryptor.

Hooo... I see.. Thank you for the answer Laugh
It really help me Laugh

(11-01-2010, 08:01 PM)Hungry Man Wrote: Daemon and alcohol are image mounting programs that are used to emulate disk drives. Imageburn and DVD decryptor are programs made for taking the ISO file off of a DVD (or writing them.)

If you have the .iso file you do NOT need to mount it with daemon or alcohol. Just use PCSX2 to select it.

Daemon have option to Disc imaging, and I use it to make iso for my dvd movies. I wonder if it works for ps2 dvds... But I think will try the imgburn. Thank you for the help! Laugh

(11-01-2010, 11:11 PM)Saiki Wrote:
(11-01-2010, 04:05 AM)NataStar Wrote: I mean the image format hehehe
is it iso or other format??

no, the discs themselves are just regular discs that are specially coated for the PS2 (information from datel)

So we can't use regular dvds sold out there? If I want to burn ps2 iso to dvd... where can I buy one that coated? Is there any specific brand recommended to use?

Thank you for the answer! Laugh
It's not the DVD's you have to change it's the PS2. you have to modify it.

And I'm not sure that daemon tools has the right decryption stuff for PS2 games so just stick to imageburn.