Do you think I'll be able to run the games I want?
I apologize for what might be a dumb thread, but it's a lot easier simply asking this than trying it out for myself, since I don't have the games yet.

I have a 1.8 GHz Core 2 Duo, a Geforce 8800GTS (640 MB), and 2GB of RAM. With a system like that, would it be possible for me to get playable frame rates on Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence, Shadow of the Colossus or Resident Evil 4? I know, some of the more resource-intensive games, but it's worth a shot.

I appreciate any responses.[/i]

Sponsored links

I think you wont be happy.
| i7 860 2.8@4ghz | Scythe Mugen 2 Rev.B | Asus Maximus Formula III | G.Skill Ripjaws 4 Gigabyte | 570 GTX AMP! | Enermax 720w PSU | X-Fi Titan | OCZ Vertex 120 GB |
Haven't tried the other 2, but Resident Evil 4 won't leave you happy -I used to have a lap with that processor-, althought since I used an older version of PCSX2 I didn't tried speed hacks. You could try them, but don't either expect a magic boost.
Based on this I'm almost sure the same will be for Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence.

1.8 ghz??

i barely get playable (read:barely not even full) speeds for MGS3/SOTC on my 3.6 C2D.
All these games require a pretty good processor to run. MGS3 is one of the most demanding.
Thanks for the responses, guys. I thought it'd be a bit much to hope for. Guess I'm looking at waiting until I upgrade my setup (which'll be a while). Appreciate it.