Poll: Do you use PCSX2 to play games online?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
40.00%
2 40.00%
No
60.00%
3 60.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Does 0.9.7 version go online?
I tried to connect to a game server with it right after I downloaded but it didnt work, said no hardware was detected so I added the Gigaherz Dev 9 plugin (DEV9giga_razi.dll) from 0.9.6 to 0.9.7 and its still telling me no hardware has been found. What do I have to do to get online with 0.9.7?

Sponsored links

online feature is still in alpha stages and doesn't work most of the time.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-15-2010, 10:45 PM)jesalvein Wrote: online feature is still in alpha stages and doesn't work most of the time.

Does 0.9.6 still go online? Because Im having trouble with that one too, and so are many people i know who also use it.
If so, how do we get online with 0.9.6?

Im sorry I should probably be very specific. I have 0.9.6 on my other computer, I downloaded it a long time ago and I have the gigaherz Dev 9 plugin. It works fantasic!! But everyone I know who downlaoded 0.9.6 more recently cant seem to get online, even with that plugin. I copied my old files to this computer and put that plugin in the correct folder and it keeps crashing on me as soon as I start the game up. So i redownloaded 0.9.6 and it still crashes. Any ideas as to what the problem might be? I need this to work because i use it all the time, in fact online gaming is the only thing i use PCSX2 for.
I don't have any online game, thus I never tested it.
I just know it from various reports
Depending on the game, it could come from the server. most PS2 game servers are offline.
(11-15-2010, 11:28 PM)jesalvein Wrote: I don't have any online game, thus I never tested it.
I just know it from various reports
Depending on the game, it could come from the server. most PS2 game servers are offline.

Its online. I really need help from someone who does know its online capabilities well though.
which game, btw ?
It should go online with the above plugin, however most (if not all) online PS2 servers have shut down now Sad
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Maybe its not that file thats the problem.

*I have Windows 7. I dont know if its compatible with PCSX2. Does anyone know?

When i try to use 0.9.6:
*Every time i open PCSX2 im told it needs to be configured. I configure it, then save it, then it gives me an error message:
Could Not load GS plugin 'plugins' : <NULL>

And I have to reconfigure it and all of my settings are gone and i need to start from scratch.

Next time i open it it needs to be reconfigured.

What is the problem and how do i fix it?
reading the Faq would have helped you.
right click->run as admin on pcsx2.exe and make sure you installed it in an admin-rights-free folder (like c:\pcsx2)
(11-16-2010, 11:42 AM)refraction Wrote: It should go online with the above plugin, however most (if not all) online PS2 servers have shut down now Sad

Not all games are offline.

Whats happening now is when i try to test my connection on 0.9.6 it tests forever and doesnt get any results, no error messages or anything it just keeps testing and then when i go to connect to a game using that network config i cant.

What things would cause the emulator to get stuck in testing a connection?