Does 1.4.0 even support cheat codes?
I have used PCSX2 years ago before it was 1.4.0.

Now that I am starting to use PCSX2 again, I realized that none of my cheat pnach files were working.

It was working before, so I don't understand how it's not working now.

There are like 5 of the pnach files, and I am certain that they have been named correctly, so technically they should be working. But the PCSX2 1.4.0 simply doesn't seem to register the fact that I even have cheat codes.

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-06-2017, 11:35 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Sorry guys! It was my fault since I derped. I found the problem.

In 1.4.0 they changed the cheat code directory, so instead of placing the cheats in the PCSX2 folder, I now have to throw the cheats into the PCSX2 "document" folder.

I didn't realize they have changed that, did they mention anything about this?

It now detects the cheats correctly. Sorry for the trouble.
The binary/portable version has it located where the root PCSX2 directory is, but the 'installer' has it in 'My Documents'.

It's been that way for a long time, but a lot of people don't notice this or get confused by it. It should be the same folder for everything when the next stable version comes out.

Source:
(12-25-2016, 01:52 AM)FlatOut Wrote: I asked about having the install folder/cheats folder removed before v1.4.0 was released when they made the RC, but sadly the others didn't think it was worth the effort. I've had it removed since though.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)