Does CF or SLI help increase D3D Resolution?
Well I have searched the forums and read the FAQ but I couldn't find anything saying if CF or SLI helps with the D3D resolution. I know in the FAQ, it says that CF and SLI were not tested to see if it there were improvements or not, and in the beta FAQ it says that it might help if you are unable to play a game because of your graphic card.

So I was wondering if anyone has actually tested SLI or CF and were able to increase the D3D resolution higher then they were with the same single card.

Thanks to anyone that helps and sorry if this question is already answered and I just missed it.

Sponsored links

they're not supported, pcsx2 will only use one card, reguardless
moreover, even 1 faster GPU will not help much, MORE CPU POWER - thats the key to success.
(05-28-2009, 06:32 PM)tenow Wrote: moreover, even 1 faster GPU will not help much, MORE CPU POWER - thats the key to success.

Yes, but he's asking about increasing internal resolution, which is GPU dependent.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(05-28-2009, 06:32 PM)tenow Wrote: moreover, even 1 faster GPU will not help much, MORE CPU POWER - thats the key to success.

excuse me while I completely contradict you there...

8400GS = 16fps on God Of War
8600GT = 60fps on God Of War

processor speed 2.2 pentium dual core

yea.. gpu does nothing, right?
(05-28-2009, 06:41 PM)Saiki Wrote:

I think he was referring to the SLI configuration. Slapping in an 'extra' video card that is more powerful is pretty much useless, I believe PCSX2 only uses the first one and ignore the second.
So if you had an SLI setup with the 8400GS and 8600GT (is that even possible? lol) you'd get the performance of the 8400GS and would have wasted your monies on the 8600GT. In this case, CPU power is more important than the secondary GPU.

It confused the hell out of me too until I thought it over Tongue
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
with SLI both cards have to be the same.
AMD Phenom II 940 @ 3.6GHZ, 4GB PC8500 @ 1100MHZ, 4870x2 @ Stock.
Not true anymore if one of them is set to run as a dedicated physics processor Tongue2

But, yeah, they need to be the same otherwise.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(05-28-2009, 07:12 PM)Sythedragon Wrote: with SLI both cards have to be the same.

they do have to be EXACTLY the same.

if you have 1 8600GT 512 you can't add anything but a 8600GT 512 for SLI
(05-28-2009, 06:41 PM)Saiki Wrote:

na-ah!!! ***** vs descent gpu. bad example.

ATI 3850 vs newest nvidia GTX 275, MGS3 native res - SAME FPS.
GPU must not bottleneck, after that - no difference