Does Legaia 2 go slow with everyone
Hi:

Have a quick question. I've been playing legai two. the game has many cutscenes made with in-game graphics which go really really slow. The battles are ok and the world map (whether in village or dungeon) is ok but the cutscenes are really annoying.

Anyone has tried or has this problem?

One thing is that I get no speed difference that I can see with or without speedhacks or changes in the GSDx configuration. If I try the zeroGs plugin, it's the same too. I basically using latest beta with deafault now as all that I have tried does not seem to work.

Thanks for any help.

Sponsored links

It's just a slow running game. Use the latest beta Krakatos posted here and try all the usual speedup tricks.
Just for your information: The game barely gets over 60fps here as well (core2duo, 4.2ghz).
One of the top5 worst looking games on the PS2, and it runs like crap, wonder what the game devs were thinking, or if they were at all, just look at MGS3.

Or maybe it uses some functions which are currently slow in PCSX2.
still fair to me.

PP367 settings:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/tb...akiosk.jpg
(beta)720 settings:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y226/tb...iosk-B.jpg
Reissued Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeAKLZ5oMis
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
I like the game mainly because I loved Legaia 1. but I agree. I swear to god that when you are running in one of the rooms of the castle they all look so much alike that it is barely a step up from the SNES.

You are totally right. And I still want to play it.

hey thanks I'll try your configuration as soon as I can

Two questions? Where can I get the latest ZeroGS plugin and Does MSG3 run ok in the emulator?
MGS3 just needs to set in Advanced options in EE rec option to Negative.Then you can play it OK Wink
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K 3.8 GHz (Turbo 5.1 GHz)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 (8 GB)
RAM: Corsair 32GB KIT DDR4 3200MHz CL16 Vengeance LPX
MOBO: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS
(03-11-2009, 06:40 PM)Nokiaman Wrote: MGS3 just needs to set in Advanced options in EE rec option to Negative.Then you can play it OK Wink

Thanks. That's great to know.
The game has been like this from at least as far back as 0.9.4. None of the beta/PG builds I used helped with the slowdown, but general speed has increased since then. Unfortunately the latest builds are the same.

I can also confirm that speedhacks have never done anything for the ingame cutscene slowdown. Advanced options have never seemed to do anything either, but I've never tried every possible combination in every build I have.

For now, all you can do is deal with it and optionally switch to VU skip for those scenes, or just wait it out altogether.
(03-11-2009, 05:33 AM)Federelli Wrote: One of the top5 worst looking games on the PS2, and it runs like crap, wonder what the game devs were thinking, or if they were at all, just look at MGS3.

Or maybe it uses some functions which is currently slow in PCSX2.

lol top five worst looking game which runs like crap.
Its better to play them on PS2
Well I like that game,I'm not playing a game because of his graphic(I have God of War 1 and 2 since they are released but I clear only the first lever on both games).I prefer RPG's