Does disabling the console improve performance at all for normal use?
(10-14-2009, 07:21 PM)SoL1D Wrote: Also you might want to try disabeling some services you dont need. If you dont know how to do that just google "Which services do and dont I need in (your OS)" ...might help.

Did that ages ago as well. I like to keep a tight system, so far as services and startup apps go. I'm not fond of bloat (which makes it sad I'm stuck with VistaLaugh j/k).

One thing I'll be trying soon is to replace my system hog AV McAfee with Avast! which is both free, and quite slim on resources by comparison. We'll see if that makes up any difference.
AMD Phenom II 965BE @ 3.4Ghz
8 GB DDR3 1333 RAM
AMD Radeon HD 6750
Windows 7 64 bit

Sponsored links

Try this, it may help.

Create a batch file and call it whatever you want, Pcsx2.bat , for example, and add the following

net stop uxsms
TASKKILL /IM EXPLORER.EXE /F
start /high /wait pcsx2.exe
start explorer.exe
net start uxsms

Save and run and test, you may get something or you may not. All it does is disables Aero, and Explorer, runs Pcsx2 on High priority, then when you exit it simply starts Aero again as well as explorer.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
Yeah Aero is your best bet. It's a memory and cpu/gpu hog in general.

But besides that none of the service/console/priority/etc things will make a lick of difference on dual core computers, unless the process in question is being exceptionally invasive. And usually invasive stuff is in the form of instant messengers or dev tools: For example, MSVC's intellisense parser will slow things down a lot because it'll suck most of an entire core dry while it's parsing. Skype, Yahoo, MSN, and other IMs can also be significant sources of not-so-nice memory and cpu hogging.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team