Does it worth it?
Hi guys! Im new here, I just wanted to ask if it worth to buy a new comp just to use PCSX2?? Biggrin. Cause lot of people says games run slow. Ty 4 ur suggestions Smile

Sponsored links

depends on what you expect.

It depends on the games you own. Have a look at the compatibility list to be sure.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
is the compat list up to date? sry im lazy so im just asking
AM2+ 9950 2.6 (overclocked to 3.0) 512KB L2+2MB L3 cache
IBM GeForce 8600 256 DDR3 128-bit
4G DDR2 dual channel 1066 RAM
more or less.

Best thing is to try it youself with the rig you have right now.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-02-2009, 11:48 PM)jesalvein Wrote: depends on what you expect.

It depends on the games you own. Have a look at the compatibility list to be sure.

Yupe i saw the compatibility list it says i can play the 3 of them, I got MVC2, GOWI and Devil may cry
Depends also on what you're gonna upgrade to, if you upgrade to some low speed dual/quad core CPU with a not so good graphics card then nah (even the recommended hardware for PCSX2 is not enough for some games). But after that it depends on what you wanna play.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-03-2009, 12:22 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Depends also on what you're gonna upgrade to, if you upgrade to some low speed dual/quad core CPU with a not so good graphics card then nah (even the recommended hardware for PCSX2 is not enough for some games). But after that it depends on what you wanna play.

I just read the FAQ and i was thinking something a lil better than the recommended. Im gonna go to the store and post some specifications of the comps i wanna buy, maybe u guys can help me make the right choice Biggrin
Should you upgrade with the single purpose of only PCSX2 in mind? Depends on how much you're willing to spend on your PC, how absolutely must play those game are for you, and whether or not you'd rather just buy a PS2 slim and a video capture card which can often be the cheaper and far less complicated option.

I'm never one to say you should upgrade your machine with only a singular thing in mind... Wait until there are several things you need to upgrade for... The longer you wait on PC upgrades, the better it is for you in the end since it's a well known fact that technology gets outdated FAST, thereby making things you want cheaper if you wait longer. And if you wait long enough you'll get much better PC parts for the same amount of money, at which point you can then hold off upgrading that much longer the next time.
[Image: 2748844.png]