Does loading from a disc make any difference?
I was curious, if you load a game directly from a disc in your cd/dvd drive, does it have any effect on your FPS? Or will it run the same speed as it would if you were running from an ISO off the harddrive?

Sponsored links

iso runs better
[Image: 1454055.png]
...simply, HDD reading/writing is much faster then CD/DVD reading/writing, so iso file is much faster then direct read from CD/DVD.

Cheers...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
(09-14-2009, 01:07 PM)rex1825 Wrote: ...simply, HDD reading/writing is much faster then CD/DVD reading/writing, so iso file is much faster then direct read from CD/DVD.

Cheers...

Instead of making a new thread for this question, I'll just post it here, and hope somebody answers...

Is there a list somewhere that I can look at to see what games run at max FPS for my CPU? Or do I have to just google every title I want to play, and hope to find the information manually?
No list exists, since you'd have to make a new one for each system in existence which is impossible.
You can check out the results other users got and their systems/settings in the screenshots thread, that should help.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4256.html
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-14-2009, 01:32 PM)Bositman Wrote: No list exists, since you'd have to make a new one for each system in existence which is impossible.
You can check out the results other users got and their systems/settings in the screenshots thread, that should help.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-4256.html

lol great, now i just have to search through 24 pages of posts to see if any of the games i had in mind are listed Tongue
Or use the inline search. Maybe you'd like us to mail you a compatibility list for your system at your home too? Tongue Seriously, some people are never happy, even when they get great stuff for free...
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(09-14-2009, 01:37 PM)Bositman Wrote: Or use the inline search. Maybe you'd like us to mail you a compatibility list for your system at your home too? Tongue Seriously, some people are never happy, even when they get great stuff for free...

I was being a bit sarcastic with my complaint. No need to get irritable about it.
Okay Girls just calm down now I'm sure that you can look at a normal list *wink* *wink* lolci (lol crying inside)
[Image: ragnaroc444isroxast.png]
(09-14-2009, 01:35 PM)Greyfeld Wrote: lol great, now i just have to search through 24 pages of posts to see if any of the games i had in mind are listed Tongue

Go to the bottom of the thread there's a "search in thread" option... how does people go thru the internet without knowing how to search?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64