Does not show the option of PS4 controller
when I go to setting...controllers...Port 1 Dualshock 2...Automatic Mapping. it does not show SDL in the dropdown list. only keyboard and mouse. I had the same problem before but when I do a PC or application restart it get solved. now no use. Please note the following:
  • This problem is the same I am facing with DuckStation PS1 Emulator.
  • The light of the controller is always "On" when it is plugged in the PC.
  • I have also tried different USB port, but that did not work either.
  • Before this problem, I was facing a problem the controller get disconnected during the game. I had to remove and put the USB wire to make it working again.
  • I have tried the option of "Restore Defaults" of the Controllers Settings window.
  • I have tried different controller.

Sponsored links

You forgot to mention what you use for your controller and how you are connecting it to your PC. I would recommend a Wireless Xbox S controller as that works perfectly, plus you can use it in a lot of other games. The only real downside is need to remember where each symbol is vs ABXY.

For what it's worth, I've recently tried connecting my old PS2 controller with an old USB adapter that worked perfectly back in Windows XP days and that setup wasn't even detected by windows 10.

EDIT: I realized the topic has 'ps4' in it. Either way... Something's broken in your controller setup, this isn't a PCSX2 issue, especially if it doesn't work with Duckstation either.
(09-14-2023, 05:58 PM)MrWizard Wrote: You forgot to mention what you use for your controller and how you are connecting it to your PC. I would recommend a Wireless Xbox S controller as that works perfectly, plus you can use it in a lot of other games. The only real downside is need to remember where each symbol is vs ABXY.

For what it's worth, I've recently tried connecting my old PS2 controller with an old USB adapter that worked perfectly back in Windows XP days and that setup wasn't even detected by windows 10.

EDIT: I realized the topic has 'ps4' in it. Either way... Something's broken in your controller setup, this isn't a PCSX2 issue, especially if it doesn't work with Duckstation either.

yes I do not think there is an issue with PCSX2. most probably with my PC settings or events. I have tried even chatting with the AI chatbot but no result!