Does pcsx2 benefit at all from an i7 cpu (compared to i5)?
I was wondering if anybody has tested to see if the i7 and its extra threads help at all in pcsx2. I know software mode lets the user specify additional threads but not sure how well that scales.

Sponsored links

(03-04-2013, 08:09 PM)xenphor Wrote: I was wondering if anybody has tested to see if the i7 and its extra threads help at all in pcsx2. I know software mode lets the user specify additional threads but not sure how well that scales.

I think with current gen the i7 tends to overclock higher, If you're not overclocking get an i5, You will see zero benefit over the i5 in hardware mode. You will see a speed up in software mode however, But i'm not sure how much of one.
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
pretty sure pcxs2 isnt really multi core friendly or at lest don't benefit from it much, which why they recommend intel cpu over amd cause the Core speed is more important over how many cores you have, and intel remains king of the per core performance
wrong, PCSX2 definetly makes use of Multi-cores, hence the MTVU hack and ofcourse the minimum recommendation for PCSX2 to play most games decently is a Quadcore @ 3.0Ghz Preferably an Intel.
I5 and i7 have the same number of cores. Hyperthreading is more of a bane than a help.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-05-2013, 11:40 AM)refraction Wrote: I5 and i7 have the same number of cores. Hyperthreading is more of a bane than a help.

Could you say why hyperthreading doesn't help? I would be interested to know.