Does the BIOS dumper break my ps2?
Wink 
I have been looking into PCSX2 and everything looks good so far but the BIOS dumper. I'm worried it'll simply move the BIOS file to the flash drive and it won't be on my ps2 anymore. Does the BIOS dumper leave the file on my ps2 but copy it on my flash drive?Unsure

Sponsored links

It doesn't break your PS2.
All the bios dumper does is copy the bios ROM off the PS2, it does not in anyway harm the PS2.
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/D/dump.html
(05-29-2013, 03:02 AM)mono Wrote: I have been looking into PCSX2 and everything looks good so far but the BIOS dumper. I'm worried it'll simply move the BIOS file to the flash drive and it won't be on my ps2 anymore. Does the BIOS dumper leave the file on my ps2 but copy it on my flash drive?Unsure

Dumping the BIOS may cause a series of nasty problems ranging from shrinking your pet or making you lose your GF (or not getting one if lacking).

Seriously, two threads about the same issue after people already stating it is just reading the BIOS and copying it to external device.

Its named dump only because it is a raw copy, of non native formatted material, nothing more, nothing less.

The only way to the copy harming the console is if you throw it against the wall enraged by failing to follow the instructions.

PS: To prevent further doubts, it is a copy, not a move, the original is not changed in any way.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-30-2013, 09:23 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Dumping the BIOS may cause a series of nasty problems ranging from shrinking your pet or making you lose your GF (or not getting one if lacking).

Seriously, two threads about the same issue after people already stating it is just reading the BIOS and copying it to external device.

Its named dump only because it is a raw copy, of non native formatted material, nothing more, nothing less.

The only way to the copy harming the console is if you throw it against the wall enraged by failing to follow the instructions.

PS: To prevent further doubts, it is a copy, not a move, the original is not changed in any way.

Okay but seriously I think I bricked my slim ps2 when I dumped the bios it got stuck on the image I provided and now the disc won’t spin and whenever I turn the console on and off again it stays on this image

(02-09-2023, 07:39 AM)Deda12 Wrote: Okay but seriously I think I bricked my slim ps2 when I dumped the bios it got stuck on the image I provided and now the disc won’t spin and whenever I turn the console on and off again it stays on this image

Can someone please help everything said it was safe also the whole system was working before I did this all the way down to the fmbc memory card

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go