Does the audio effect fps
Maybe a stupid question but if I disable Audio by changing it to No Sound in the SPU2-X settings will it help make the game run faster and the other way around if I choose Portaudio will it slow the game down.
CPU: Intel Core i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz
GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4000
RAM: 16.0GB DDR3 - Dual Channel
MB: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO

PCSX2 version 1.3.1

Sponsored links

On your cpu? I would say neglectable... Spu2-x doesn't do much in comparison to ee, vu and gs.
Ok thank you so does Catmull-Rom effect the sound speed or the fps because it says it's slow but I want the best audio I can get without any problems.

PCSX2 version 1.3.1

No Sound the last time I tried it,was making the game slower and some games didn't even start.
Your cpu is good enough for the emulation and the sound but that gpu will slow you down(you'll get more speed with software mode than with hardware mode)
Thanks vsub I'll just leave it then. I've been messing around with Gran Turismo 3 and trying to get the best settings.

A bit of topic but does it matter a whole lot what gpu I go for. Like would a titan x be much different to say a lower-end gpu.

PCSX2 version 1.3.1

Pcsx2 isn't that gpu hungry if you don't want to upscale to 4k resolutions. Most midrange gpus will be bored or maybe satisfied by reasonable settings.

Btw. Higher order interpolation modes for audio are controversy discussed. Some people claim that linear interpolation is the best for ears in contrast to eyes which most of the time don't like linear interpolation (blurryness).
Thank god lol I don't have to fork out money for a titan x. I can't even do 720p in gran turismo 3 with my intel 4000 I guess that's understandable I have to have it at 960x540 resolution which isn't too bad for me. I could try some speedhacks but I have the preset on safe, too scared to increase it lol.

I'll just keep the audio on linear it sounds good enough.

PCSX2 version 1.3.1

At least here,when I use PortAudio(which is selected by default),I don't get any bass and every sound effect is high pitched(hurting my ears)no matter what Interpolation mode I use but with XAudio,the sound is perfect even with "Nearest (fastest/bad quality)"...I was even trying to notest a difference but all Interpolation modes sounds the same to me.
I just noticed your signature about cheats. How do I use only one cheat, I have a pnach file with 3 cheats but I only want one to be active. How do I do this.

PCSX2 version 1.3.1

Either use my other tool and disable the selected or manually add // infront of patch=1 in the codes