Doesn't have the performance it should
Hello everyone, thank you very much for your work. I comment on my problem.
I recently put together a cheap pc for PS2 emulator at good speed and I found that the i3 4160 3.60 ghz was my preferred option. I know people who have it and run games like mgs3 at full speed, black at full speed. no GPU, just the integrated cpu.

When I arrive, my cpu does not perform what I expected, the games are very slow. as you can see in the screenshot.

And I don't understand why I know people with this same processor and running at 100% pcsx2, I think I lost my money.

[Image: Sin%2Bt%25C3%25ADtulo.png]

[Image: Sin%2Bt%25C3%25ADtuloqwrwqr.png]
[Image: Sin%2Bt%25C3%25ADtuloqwr.png]

Sponsored links

Quote:I know people who have it and run games like mgs3 at full speed, black at full speed. no GPU, just the integrated cpu.
ok.
ask them how they did it, then.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
They only tell me that my CPU is at 100% but they don't know why. Since with other programs everything works great.
But I just realized that a pcsx2 forums administrator has the same CPU (lightningterror) maybe she knows something.

(02-10-2021, 04:38 PM)jesalvein Wrote: ok.
ask them how they did it, then.

They only tell me that my CPU is at 100% but they don't know why. Since with other programs everything works great.

But I just realized that a pcsx2 forums administrator has the same CPU (lightningterror) maybe she knows something.
Your CPU does have 2000 STR. it's ok for most games, but black and mgs3 will require around 2100 to 2200 to run well (except for mgs3 cutscenes, IIRC).
Problem is that gpu will be hammered even @ native res.

can you please post your emulog.txt?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
you cannot use MTVU on your current i3 since it's only dual cored CPU.

if you playing mgs3 on that processor you midst use VU cycle stealing +1 shown in the attachment
but i don't think with the iGPU will handle that mgs3 and black.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
That integrated GPU can't handle Black or MGS3 without modded PCSX2 launcher. It may have a good STP but the limited cores kills those numbers in a heartbeat. Plus using the integrated graphics jacks up the TEMP in Intel 4000 series CPU which then kills the performance of them. I have a 4790K that I can OC to 5 GHZ rather easily and I tried to use the integrated GPU it killed my performance by over 50%. Plus lacking instruction sets. Also there is the silicon lottery. It even existed back then but wasn't such a big deal. You may have just got a dud since it is a 6+ year old CPU. Who knows what kind of abuse it had before you got you hands on it.
MOBO - GIGABYTE X570 AORUS MASTER
CPU - AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT
RAM - 32 Gigs DDR4
HDD - To many to note. NVEM, SSD and HDD
GPU - Nvidia GTX 1070
OS- Windows 10