Dolby Virtual Speaker plugin
Dolby Virtual Speaker could be used to create 2.1 surround sound effects, which according to one user are indistinguishable from actual surround. It could also be used in conjunction with Dolby Pro Logic II which some games have. We would need to ask the user to provide the engine DLLs, but we could easily create wrappers for the PCSX2, or use existing Dolby WinAmp plugins, to provide PCSX2 surround sound for every end user. We would probably want to hint at the user that the DLL is available free of charge online, or even link them to the actual DLL in a thread, or even on the main site. When is Dolby ever going to hear about it and why should they care anyway?

Just as the 3DS is both cosmetically beautiful and beautifully functional, I have absolute determination that all gamers should be provided with the best, greatest, most beautiful experience possible. As gaming software developers, it is your responsibility to provide that experience. We are all responsible for doing our jobs as expertly and exquisitely as possible; I hold myself to the same standard in my field.

I don't get paid either, BTW, so you can't use that as an excuse. Either you want to provide the best experience possible or you just want to get by with an A. Well, OK, PCSX2 gets an A+ anyway, but its grade could go over 100% with this extension. Japanese aren't worth their salt unless they get at least 110, as we all know, either consciously or deep down.

We should petition some developer somewhere for an open-source universal surround sound wrapper that can plug in with sound hardware or be purely software. It could either attach to specific games or just be part of the OS. It is all our jobs to make this Earth beautiful and wonderful in whatever way we can. Everyone should always have 3D sound and video, in fact, all games should be fully realized virtual realities, just like dreams or experiences in real life.

I'm serious about this, if one of you can develop a virtual surround system that can work with the whole OS, it could be a serious step forward in beefing up PCSX2's awesomeness. Or finding a developer who can do it for us.

Sponsored links

(06-27-2014, 03:18 PM)palien Wrote: As gaming software developers, it is your responsibility to provide that experience. We are all responsible for doing our jobs as expertly and exquisitely as possible; I hold myself to the same standard in my field.

wat? who are you and is it that you do?
People making an question without any sence! Did you know devs didnt got any money for making this emulator!
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(06-27-2014, 03:18 PM)palien Wrote: As gaming software developers

Incorrect, we are emulator developers not game developers.

(06-27-2014, 03:18 PM)palien Wrote: it is your responsibility to provide that experience.

I think you'll find we have no responsibilities
(06-27-2014, 03:18 PM)palien Wrote: We are all responsible for doing our jobs

whoa whoa, who said this was a job? this is a hobby, we do this for fun, we do not make this for anybody else, have no obligation to do anything.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thats why I said refraction ! Some,people without any sence!!
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(06-27-2014, 05:07 PM)refraction Wrote: I think you'll find we have no responsibilities

you have one responsibility, to have fun doing it Tongue
and besides you can already use winamp DSP plugins with SPU2-X already.