Dot Hack G.U. vol 3 Redemption problems
Right now I'm using PCSX2 1.0.0 and I recently attempted to play .hack//G.U. vol 3 Redemption... and I failed miserably Tongue

The game slows down to about 30 FPS during many pieces of dialog (this happens most frequently when I'm checking in-game email, walking through major towns, and during cutscenes). On some simpler screens, such as the main menu, the FPS will actually spike up anywhere from 70-100.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.13 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670

Are there any settings to possible help FPS be more stable? Any help would be appreciated! Smile

Sponsored links

Basically, by getting a decent cpu, you should be able to get more stable fps.
Try fiddling with speedhacks to improve things a bit, but dont expect a miracle with that kind of cpu.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
might wanna give my guide a check. it's not perfect but I got better stable FPS (still wasn't perfect though)
(07-08-2013, 09:01 AM)anzxbnc Wrote: Right now I'm using PCSX2 1.0.0 and I recently attempted to play .hack//G.U. vol 3 Redemption... and I failed miserably Tongue

The game slows down to about 30 FPS during many pieces of dialog (this happens most frequently when I'm checking in-game email, walking through major towns, and during cutscenes). On some simpler screens, such as the main menu, the FPS will actually spike up anywhere from 70-100.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.13 GHz
RAM: 4 GB
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670

Are there any settings to possible help FPS be more stable? Any help would be appreciated! Smile

While not the hardest to emulate game, it is in the upper tiers of hard to emulate games. It's stressful on both CPU and GPU, of which both components of yours are on the low end. About the only things you can do is run on native. You can also try SuperVU instead of MicroVU (superVU is 10% faster in this game from my experience). Also run all of the recommended speed hacks and put VU Cycle steal on one and EE cycle hack on 1 or 2. Anything higher on VU cycle steal will cause massive slow downs.
[Image: 2748844.png]