Dot Hack GU. Vol1-3 [Games run slowly]
Hey, I'm new to pcsx2 but I'm getting the hang of how to use it. I just created my own iso's for my favorite series the dot hack gu volume franchise. they werent working from disc so I tested them out through ISO and they work. I havn't explored to deep enough into the game to see if their might be any oppurtunities where the game might crash but overall like at the beginning opening intro of the game I already start to notice it's running very slowly but in some slight cases it runs fine it just kinda depends i guess on how much is going around it kinda fluxuates like goin from 20,30,40 fps back to 60fps so it like not the game is slow 100% of the time. I wanna make sure all the type's of decisions I can make to see if i can help slightly improve it at all so it'll run smoothly.

here my pc specs: [made changes to make it more understandable]

Brand/Model: Cyberpower PC Gamer Ultra 2123
Processor: AMD A4-3400 2.7GHz / 64bit Dual Core Processor
Memory: 8GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6410D
Hard Drive: 500GB

Sponsored links

I'm pretty sure that AMD Radeon is your GPU, and I don't think a GPU can run at 2.7Ghz...I think you're getting things mixed up here.

Could you tell us what your CPU name is? Also, (assuming you were speaking of the CPU's clockspeed) 2.7Ghz isn't exactly too high, but first I'd like to see what processor it is.

After downloading the latest SVN and getting yourself setup, the first things to recommend are :

> Enable recommended speedhacks (only enable MTVU if your processor has at least 3 cores)
> Run in native resolution
> Run in software mode (can be toggled with F9)
(06-09-2012, 12:37 AM)Alexander Moore Wrote: I'm pretty sure that AMD Radeon is your GPU, and I don't think a GPU can run at 2.7Ghz...I think you're getting things mixed up here.

Could you tell us what your CPU name is? Also, (assuming you were speaking of the CPU's clockspeed) 2.7Ghz isn't exactly too high, but first I'd like to see what processor it is.

After downloading the latest SVN and getting yourself setup, the first things to recommend are :

> Enable recommended speedhacks (only enable MTVU if your processor has at least 3 cores)
> Run in native resolution
> Run in software mode (can be toggled with F9)

this is what I have exactly. -sorry if im sorta making the info confusing to understand? first time telling specs. you can check what i have by just scrolling down and selecting [Details]
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6883229310

- I can't seem to figure out where to find native resolution? and i enabled speedhacks but it doesnt seem to help. and what kinda drastic changes does software mode do at all?
well i think why you get low fps while playing Hack GU. is that you have an integrated GPU that is built-in in your CPU you should buy a "real" GPU so that you can play smoothly
You have a dual-core AMD processor at a fairly low clock speed and, worst of all, on-board AMD graphics.

It's hardware man. Your computer just isn't good enough. Also, AMD is terrible for PCSX2, especially their processors.

You'll have to get new hardware if you want to play PCSX2 smoothly.
you can use my settings in my sig, you'll get better FPS than me, but not by much I don't think. I still throughly enjoyed the games
Purchasing a discrete video card defeats the purpose of an AMD APU. Furthermore, the Radeon 6410D is not that bad. I believe it can handle native res and even 2x in some games.

IMO the CPU is holding you back. AMD APU processing power is pretty weak. The latest Trinity platform falls behind Intel Sandy Bridge.