Dot Hack Infection Configuration Help
Hello all!

I'm trying to get .Hack// Infection to run on my computer. It runs okay, and with minimum graphics issues, but it also only runs at between 30 and 45 FPS. Is there anything I could do to make that go faster?

And I am a bit of a noob when it comes to hardware things, so I don't know what to tell you about my system (or how to find out most of it). If you could tell me what you might need to know, I can work from there.

I know I am using a Dell Laptop (Studio XPS 1640), running Windows Vista.
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU
Graphics Card (I think): ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3670

If there is any other information I need to provide, just let me know.
Any advice is greatly appreciated. I looked around a bit (yes, I read the 2+ year old posts about this game) but either couldn't find any answers, or didn't understand the ones I did.

Thanks!

Sponsored links

PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? What do the EE/GS% numebrs in the game window say when you get slowdowns?

This is of the fastest games on PCSX2 so it's weird what you say about speed, try some speedhacks (start with the recommended ones) and maybe ticking "Native" in GSdx grphics plugin.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Plugin Settings:
Direct 3D 10 (Hardware)
Interfacing: None
Original PS2 Resolution: Native - Checked
Allow 8-Bit Textures - Checked

PCSX2 Settings:
All default.
Any specifics you need to know about / that I might change?

EE: It hovers between 93% and 103%.
GS: Fluxuates between 36% and 53%, hovering mostly around 48%.

Thanks for helping, sorry again for the newbish responses.
If you go under "Config", you'll find "Emulation Settings" which has a "Speedhacks" tab. Just play with those until you can find something that works for you, as as it stands, your CPU is currently your bottleneck.
Want to contribute? Don't know how? Check out the PCSX2 Wiki page!

Keep safe with MyWOT.

I have everything...
Edit:
I enabled the recommened speedhacks, and that improved things noticeablly. The game runs at 60ish FPS now when I don't move. Moving around in town still drops it to 50 FPS, but thats still an improvement.
Even though it's one of the easier to emulate games, your processor (if it's the default C2D for the system) is only clocked at 2.13ghz, which is rather low for the emulator. The default speed hacks seem to be working well for you, you probably won't get much beyond that.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Get this....

AMD Phenom X6 1090T Black OC to 3.8GHZ
m3a77ode mobo 4G DDR3
HD5850 xtreme (saphire)
same settings as this guy
you would think it would run full speed but with the dot hack games im still getting slow downs in certain scenes
I know alot about pcs and software and a whooooooooooolllleeeee lot about directX (i work for MS)
but im new to this EMU...
I have my processor affinity set to just use two of my corse with hich priority and its still runing extra hard at like 98% usage during certain times...
i subbed to this post so any add info you may need let me know
I also used to get BSOD on windows 7 b4 i set the afinity but im pretty sure that was due to my OC the way i did it but since setting the affinity to use two cores it hasnt been an issue

my main thing is if you know how to get more speed out of this thing for DH series let me know pls...

also im playing this game thru tweaking things as i go along so ill post my results here also
PCSX2 settings? Plugin settings? What do the EE/GS% numebrs in the game window say when you get slowdowns?
ok im geting slow downs right at this moment
49 FPS EE90
GS 68
Direct3d11 (hardware)
no interlacing
ok ok... so my res is custome 1920/1080 ... but that shouldnt cause an issue shld it...( pls dont hit me)
HMS all on except 8 bit textures
no hacks

everything eles is defaults

andything eles u needs to know ?
Looks like EE thread slowdown then, try some speedhacks or just increasing the "presets" bar at the bottom of PCSX2 emulation settings.