Double Emulator Speed?
I realize there probably isn't right now, but would there be a way to double the emulator speed? Not the emulation speed but the emulator itself. Say, for example, your PCSX2 would only give you about 40fps. If you were to set the fps limit to 30 and then double the emulator's speed wouldn't it be the equivalent of 60fps? Now that I think of it, I'm sure if your computer could only get it up to 40fps then the process of doubling the whole emulator's speed might be too much of a task for it as well but it's just a thought. Personally I have no problem playing at 40fps.

Sponsored links

That's the dumbest thing I've heard on the forum in a while
It was just a thought. There's no need to be rude.
toggle "TAB" key to enter turbo mode...double-up the emulation but ignores fps limit.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(01-07-2012, 07:56 AM)Bukimari Wrote: ... Now that I think of it, I'm sure if your computer could only get it up to 40fps then the process of doubling the whole emulator's speed might be too much of a task for it as well but it's just a thought. ...

Indeed.
If doubling the resulting speed were ever an option, there would be no need to half the speed required for an appropriate framerate.

What say you is the difference between "emulation speed" and "emulator speed"?
(01-07-2012, 08:18 AM)Rezard Wrote: What say you is the difference between "emulation speed" and "emulator speed"?

Ah, I guess that doesn't really make sense. The difference, in my head anyway, I guess would be the speed of the program itself as opposed to the speed of the game that's being emulated. So the PCSX2 program speed would be the 'emulator speed' and the game being emulated would be the 'emulation speed'. Well it was only a thought, I didn't expect there to be such a magic fix for slower computers anyway.
I do see where you were going, but in that case the emulation speed (the game) being processed can be a varying workload, and the emulator speed (PCSX2 program) will mostly be your hardware up against that workload.
I know what you mean. Your computer is too slow so you wanna play games at 30 fps instead of 60 and still have the same game speed.

This' not really possible or not common technique that would work for all games. There was a hack to dummy some of the processing in a ancient version of pcsx2. it was a start for that but discontinued due to faulty behaviour on most games. so there's nothing left. maybe you could hack some games to actually do the 30 trick but this a fail for the general concept of precise ps2 emulation.
I don't know much 'bout how the PC works, but on Android mobile phones, if the phone's GPU is weak, the game runs at full speed but low framerate, and if the phone's CPU is weak, it runs at low speed just like PCSX2.

Guest there is no way to do it.