Download save files into pcsx2
Hello!
Okay so I would like to play Shadow Hearts Covenant with already the New Game + option, so I wondered, is there a way to find save files and use the on PCSX2? I've found some but they seem to come directly from an actual PS2 (it's a .max file??) and I've been looking on the internet but I can't seem to find what i want... Please? Smile

Sponsored links

Game saves are fairly easy to find, actually. GameFAQs has saves for pretty much every game out there so I would try there first.

As for getting them into PCSX2, you have two options.

The tried and true solution is MyMC, which (best I can tell) is hosted here: http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/

The experimental option that I recently built is PandaCard, but right now it only supports .max save files and PCSX2's folder memory cards: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PandaCar...ation-Tool
(10-28-2018, 04:10 AM)pandubz Wrote: Game saves are fairly easy to find, actually. GameFAQs has saves for pretty much every game out there so I would try there first.

As for getting them into PCSX2, you have two options.

The tried and true solution is MyMC, which (best I can tell) is hosted here: http://www.csclub.uwaterloo.ca:11068/mymc/

The experimental option that I recently built is PandaCard, but right now it only supports .max save files and PCSX2's folder memory cards: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-PandaCar...ation-Tool

Oh great! Thanks for replying! I'll take a look at it! The one save I found is a .max file so I guess it might work! I'll try Laugh
Also, when using MYMC, there are a couple of dependable files you will need: msvcr71.dll and msvcp71.dll. Be sure those are in the MYMC folder before launching it.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
(10-31-2018, 02:53 AM)gtgamer468 Wrote: Also, when using MYMC, there are a couple of dependable files you will need: msvcr71.dll and msvcp71.dll. Be sure those are in the MYMC folder before launching it.

Note these DLLs haven't been shipped with Windows (or made available online by Microsoft) since Windows XP, so other than an old Windows XP install, there's no official, safe place to get these DLLs from and the best option is to use MyMC via a command shell rather than GUI.
But doesn't the command shell also needs the dependable child. I remembered getting error messages saying that it was missing even though I was trying to run MYMC with cmd.
PC Specs:
(10-31-2018, 04:38 PM)gtgamer468 Wrote: But doesn't the command shell also needs the dependable child. I remembered getting error messages saying that it was missing even though I was trying to run MYMC with cmd.

Now that you say that, I do remember now that msvcr71.dll is required in all cases. I forgot I had ripped the file out of my old XP disc. But the other DLL I cannot speak for, other than I do not have it, nor does the GUI launch.
(10-31-2018, 03:20 PM)pandubz Wrote: Note these DLLs haven't been shipped with Windows (or made available online by Microsoft) since Windows XP, so other than an old Windows XP install, there's no official, safe place to get these DLLs from and the best option is to use MyMC via a command shell rather than GUI.

Savest place to get these *.dll or any others is still www.dll-files.com you can still get the files for free there, but you need to add them manually to the proper folder. I used that site for ages now.
It's really trustworthy as I used that site myself for many years. A better way to use these files efficiently without needing to copy it to every single executable that needs it is to use regsvr32 and place it in the System32 and SysWOW64 folders.
PC Specs: