Downloading Demos = Piracy?
Hi, I would like to know if it is illegal to download iso's of demos off of the internet. I want to download the demos to test games out that I do not own for the PS2, but own as an HD collection / different platform. Is it considered illegal if I download demos of games I don't have? Edit: Plus, I would want to download demos to search for beta content, if that is ok.
PC Specs:
Core i5 4670k 3.4 GHZ
GTX 980 (Reference ASUS)
8 GB Ram GDDR3
1 TB HDD
600W Power Supply

Sponsored links

This is tricky. If it was an official demo disk, like from OPM(Official Playstation Magazine) then it would definitely be piracy, as the disk itself is copyrighted.

In fact, I am pretty sure demos are copyrighted, even if they were free, and that makes it piracy. (Note I am referring specifically to PS2 demos here of course)

Morally I wouldn't see a problem with it, but legally I think it's an issue.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(08-18-2014, 09:09 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: This is tricky. If it was an official demo disk, like from OPM(Official Playstation Magazine) then it would definitely be piracy, as the disk itself is copyrighted.

In fact, I am pretty sure demos are copyrighted, even if they were free, and that makes it piracy. (Note I am referring specifically to PS2 demos here of course)

Morally I wouldn't see a problem with it, but legally I think it's an issue.

So, what would you perfer I do?
PC Specs:
Core i5 4670k 3.4 GHZ
GTX 980 (Reference ASUS)
8 GB Ram GDDR3
1 TB HDD
600W Power Supply
Care or you gonna end in jail for downloading a PS2 demo, the CIA is watching your computer.
i5 2500k@4,9ghz / Gtx980 Msi Gaming / 2x SSD Samsung 840pro 256gb / Acer Predator 24" G-sync
Corsair K95 RGB / Logitech G502 Proteus Core / Bose Companion 2 Serie III
Old JRPG fan, experienced mmo player, PC hardware expert
(08-18-2014, 09:27 PM)Coma Wrote: Care or you gonna end in jail for downloading a PS2 demo, the CIA is watching your computer.

Ok, thanks for the answer! Thread closed.
PC Specs:
Core i5 4670k 3.4 GHZ
GTX 980 (Reference ASUS)
8 GB Ram GDDR3
1 TB HDD
600W Power Supply